General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Slightly Stock black monte pix

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Chev E. Chelios
No not at all! I put them on for pictures or videos only, just to add some flare. You could get them on eBay, just search for "death proof"
Thanks for the heads up!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Default Blackout

Originally Posted by Space

*^ Just `Freak'in Beautiful ^*
Love the BowTie delete & look
Thanks for posting/sharing
your awesome pictures.
You made it yours
4-Sure

Tint the taillights

Old 05-11-2012, 08:23 AM

N00B SAIB0T

Originally Posted by BeefSS
Tint the taillights
Would be cool, but it will go against my slightly stock theme:

No aftermarket rims
No window tint
No aftermarket headlights or taillights
No taillight tint

But I will consider aftermarket reverse lights if I could find them already tinted.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Default theme

No aftermarket rims
No window tint
No taillight tint

But I will consider aftermarket reverse lights if I could find them already tinted.

Oh thats the theme oh...

Old 05-11-2012, 02:21 PM

Well having tint on the windows would not take away from the stock appearance because you can get the windows tinted from the dealership when you purchase the Monte. I agree a minor tint on the tailights would look much better not even black.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

No aftermarket rims
No window tint
No taillight tint

You're Monte looks REALLY good.

I know it goes against your stock theme. But I would go with some different rims. They don't have to be too elaborate. And you can even keep the stock 18" size if you want. I'm not saying you should change the tire size. Just the rim design. That way you can transfer your tires to the new rims.

I've just never been a fan of the stock 06/07 SS rims. To me they look too thick and chunky. And not much character to them. Just your basic 5-star pattern with A LOT of flat (somewhat boring) aluminum showing.

They're not horrible. Definitely nicer than some other rims I've seen. But just a bit on the boring side with all that flat aluminum showing. But that's just me. If you like them, I'm happy for you.

I wouldn't murder out your car like some others have suggested. (tinting the windows, tail lights, etc.) That's been done to death (no pun intended). There's too many murdered-out cars out there already. It's a nice look. But when you go to show-n-shines or meets, too many of the black cars are murdered out. Too much of a good thing gets boring.

I tint the windows in my cars for privacy sake. I don't want people seeing every little thing I have inside my car. If you tint your windows in the future, do it for that purpose.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks good as it is but a set of flashy black and chrome summer wheels would look good.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:44 AM

N00B SAIB0T

Originally Posted by Taz

I wouldn't murder out your car like some others have suggested. (tinting the windows, tail lights, etc.) That's been done to death (no pun intended). There's too many murdered-out cars out there already. It's a nice look. But when you go to show-n-shines or meets, too many of the black cars are murdered out. Too much of a good thing gets boring
I couldn't agree more,murdered out is cool but I'm trying not to follow what most expect me to do. I'm a fan of the clean stock appearance like the JDM guys and I know that's blasphemy to say on this site but I'm just being honest. I like the stock rims and I guess I haven't found a set of rims that appeals to me so far.