General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Should I buy ANOTHER monte carlo...???

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Default Should I buy ANOTHER monte carlo...???

This is more of a question for all of the 06/07 LS/LT/LTZ owners out there. I want to replace my daily driver with a new car. Since my 06 SS is not my daily driver, I would kinda like to get a Monte for a daily driver as well! Was thinking about a base model 06/07 or if I can get a good deal on a LTZ maybe...

How is everyone finding the 3.5/3.9 engines?

Jason

Old 07-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Default RE: Should I buy ANOTHER monte carlo...???

I have a little over 9000 on my LTZ
The 3.9L so far has been a great engine,
I think as far as gas mileage goes, The SS will get about the same if not better
I dont get a chance to get mine on the open road to much.
I am avg. 20.4 miles to the gallon driving to work. Which is just about 3 miles away

When I go and see my son in Pa, we get over 25 miles to the gallon and that is running with CC on
and an avg speed of 65 mph

The car is almost 14 months old and the only problem that I have had with it was the remote issues.

It has been a great car by far and I would not even think about replacing it with another type of car

Old 07-08-2007, 12:02 PM

[align=center]Hi `Jason, [/align][align=center]I think `if you are lucky enough to find a LT3 or LTZ,[/align][align=center]you will like it so much, that you will be putting[/align][align=center]your SS up for sale : ) [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I wish I could afford both, but you will be amazed at[/align][align=center]the power & balance of the 3.9 : ) + lower insurance,[/align][align=center]regular `gas+ better MPG, lower cost 2 maintain,[/align][align=center]Replacement tires less expensive + lots more : )[/align][align=center]Only about a second difference 0-60MPH, & 1/4 mile : )[/align][align=center]The only thing it doesn't have is the [/align][align=center]BAD AZZ sound of a Chevy V-8,[/align][align=center]but you can't always put that sound on a CD,[/align][align=center]and crank up the sound when you start your engine : )[/align][align=center]The 3.9 has a really decent tone...There is a Vid[/align][align=center]on our forum that has a link 2 U-Tube.[/align][align=center]It's a Win - Win Deal : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Keep the members informed on what you do : )[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]ps. I'm gett'in 23.6 MPG, mostly driv'in under 45-50 MPH[/align][align=center]Hwy: MPG to Miami & Back ave 28.9 MPG[/align][align=center]AC `on[/align]

Old 07-08-2007, 12:16 PM

Hey Space
Is your hood partly open...... in you pic?

Old 07-08-2007, 12:40 PM

Hi Michael, No [:@]it wasn't when that pic was taken,
but my Chevy dealer adjusted it &
now the hood & panel's are close : )
I think Quality Control was on a coffee break during production of my Monte : )
You have a good eyes : )

Old 07-08-2007, 01:27 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Buy another Monte? If I could afford it I would.

How is everyone finding the 3.5/3.9 engines?

I like my 3.9 alot.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:56 PM

3.9 is way better than 3.5 and 0-60 times are incredibly close to 5.3 with much better gas mileage.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:59 PM

I drove my monte home about 200 mi and averaged about 28-30 mpg on the highway doin 65. Great car, Great power.
I think we all love it when a forum like this opens up or someone asks these questions, cause we all like to bloat on how nice our cars are!
Plus the 3.9 is "SAE J1349 AUG2004" Certified. I read somewhere that This is to to certify its HP. ITs hard to find info bout it on the net tho.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback so far guys. It is sad, but incredible how cheap you can get an 06 base Monte around here for. Also of them are rental returns or fleet returns. You can get an 06 with 20,000 kms on it for around 15 grand. Now that is in canadian dollars.....Getting close to the american dollar though! LTZ are surprisingly more money however.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:16 PM

If your going to spend the money, I would stick with the LT3 or LTZ. With the 3.9's I thnk it would be worth it.

Quick Reply: Should I buy ANOTHER monte carlo...???