General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

shift knobs??

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 02:37 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default shift *****??

anybody know a website where i can get a different shift handle? one that is compatible with our button shifter. I'd really like to change it, or at least see some options.

Thanks!

Old 05-10-2009, 02:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I have no idea, as far as I know, you can't change out the shift handle on most automatics....But I can't say for sure, I know 06 and up have different shift handle then the 2000-05......So like I said, I'm not sure whats out there for your model.

I just checked out your pics, how much HP are you putting our of that thing? It's nice!

Old 05-10-2009, 02:54 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

the shift ***** are changable, and are actually pretty easy to change, but im just having a hard time finding a nice looking one. i think i've searched everything but im hoping someone has a "hidden gem" website haha.

as far as my car's HP goes, im not sure yet. i was planning on having it dyno tuned in about 2 weeks, but might hold out on it just because i think i want to get TOG headers first. then i'll tune it. but you can still get in on the action, check out this link to guess-timate what wheel horsepower i'll put down! haha.
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13311
just vote up top....kinda curious what everyone will think with the m90 and other mods added...

Old 05-10-2009, 03:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i got one at www.flameball.com, they have a bunch of different types and styles. the one i got lights up (most of theirs do). i called them to make sure it would work on my car. i haven't gotten it in yet, they had to make it so it'll be a couple of weeks but i'm going to post about it when i get it and install it.

if that's not your style try ebay, just search for automatic shift **** and you'll find a bunch there too. i know momo makes some pretty stylish ones too.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Figures you can replace it on your model........LOL, they don't make anything for the new models.

I voted...I'm guessing right around 250hp to the front wheels. Have you done any tranny mods??

Old 05-10-2009, 03:31 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

i got one at www.flameball.com, they have a bunch of different types and styles. the one i got lights up (most of theirs do). i called them to make sure it would work on my car. i haven't gotten it in yet, they had to make it so it'll be a couple of weeks but i'm going to post about it when i get it and install it.
ya i was actually looking at that website tonight, and i have looked at it in the past. i really like the "pewter" models they have, but naturally thats one of the three models they make that wont work with our cars. im not quite convinced on the other ones yet, maybe after i see it on yours i'll be ready to commit. thanks for taking the leap first! im curious to see what it looks like. what color scheme did you get?

im actually thinking about getting the "3 color flame" red on black.......as i was looking into custom gauge faces a few weeks ago that would actually match this shifter pretty well. hmmmm.....now its really got me thinking!

Old 05-10-2009, 05:23 AM

Well here is something I made from scrap wood.

Attached Thumbnails shift knobs??-p1010106.jpg  
Old 05-10-2009, 12:50 PM

The ones on flameball look like they are made for a manual trans.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by 2003supersport
ya i was actually looking at that website tonight, and i have looked at it in the past. i really like the "pewter" models they have, but naturally thats one of the three models they make that wont work with our cars. im not quite convinced on the other ones yet, maybe after i see it on yours i'll be ready to commit. thanks for taking the leap first! im curious to see what it looks like. what color scheme did you get?

im actually thinking about getting the "3 color flame" red on black.......as i was looking into custom gauge faces a few weeks ago that would actually match this shifter pretty well. hmmmm.....now its really got me thinking!
i got the 3 color flame, orange on black. it was expensive, but since most of the changes i have made/plan to make to my car are cosmetic, it'll be worth it. i'm so excited to get it, i love anything with flames so i think it'll look pretty wicked.

Originally Posted by Sir Monte
The ones on flameball look like they are made for a manual trans.
they make them for automatics also, well most of them. they put the top-mounted button in it. they assured me it would work, and will give me a full refund (including shipping) if not.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just get a parted **** out of a monte and have fun painting it

if you like it put it on. A little bit of custom work that you can be proud of will IMO look nicer than just buying something.

(or maybe buy a spare one, and take it to an embroidery shop and have them do something custom on it)

Quick Reply: shift knobs??