General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Shaved my emblems

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 03:29 AM
Default Shaved my emblems

I finally shaved my emblems and badges like I said I was gonna do a week or two ago. It looks clean and got me thinking "I wonder if the side moldings are held on w/adhesive too?" I'm gonna look into it, if they are, they're coming off too, I think the Monte would look sexy shaved clean No pics yet, the car is hella dirty, but I'll be washing it tomorrow and I'll snap a couple for ya!

Old 04-20-2006, 04:10 AM
Default RE: Shaved my emblems

the side mouldings are held on with adhisive but they also have holes int eh body holding thme on.

I still have the short 1/4 trim from when the sing hit my car and it has post on it about every 6 inches or so to hold them on the car. also some one on a nother bord tried this and it was the same on a door.

So i would make sure of it before you got to carried away.

But yes i agree it dose look nicer with out the side bages that you really could not notice anyway mine were white and then a brite red SS looked nice but i like it better with out them

I did leave the bow tie on and the one on the rear deck lid so they can see what is passing them LOL

Old 04-20-2006, 04:16 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

the side mouldings are held on with adhisive but they also have holes int eh body holding thme on.

I still have the short 1/4 trim from when the sing hit my car and it has post on it about every 6 inches or so to hold them on the car. also some one on a nother bord tried this and it was the same on a door.

So i would make sure of it before you got to carried away.

But yes i agree it dose look nicer with out the side bages that you really could not notice anyway mine were white and then a brite red SS looked nice but i like it better with out them

I did leave the bow tie on and the one on the rear deck lid so they can see what is passing them LOL
damn! Oh well, it was a thought.

I didn't have any side badges, I just shaved the ones on the trunk lid. They will be replaced by one of these shortly. It will be placed on the passenger side of the decklid, on the back opposite of where it said "Monte Carlo"

Old 04-20-2006, 04:20 AM

i owuld like to find on of the SLP decales LOL
stage 3

so i can let folks know what it dont have LOL

figure do it with a cicrel around it and a line threw it lol

Old 04-20-2006, 02:06 PM

do you actually have dubs 04montels?

Old 04-20-2006, 03:44 PM

ORIGINAL: The Black Machine 29

do you actually have dubs 04montels?
nah, I got 16's.......but I keep em clean! (/Next Friday)

I currently have the 16" 95 Impala SS lookalike rims on it, but I got some 20" Zenetti's on order

Old 04-20-2006, 04:21 PM

nice
im looking for them dub emblems too
the ones that say "size matters" lol

Old 04-20-2006, 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: The Black Machine 29

nice
im looking for them dub emblems too
the ones that say "size matters" lol
Damn, my car was beyond dirty. I need to polish and wax it ASAP!! Here's a pic of it w/the shaved emblems, courtesy of my insanely crisp Motorola camera phone, the V265

Old 04-20-2006, 11:10 PM

Ok guys, I know this is going to sound stupid, but what the hell is a DUB and what does it stand for? I know it centers around large rims. Is it a brand? Style?

Flame Away!!

Old 04-21-2006, 01:06 AM

ORIGINAL: montejass

Ok guys, I know this is going to sound stupid, but what the hell is a DUB and what does it stand for? I know it centers around large rims. Is it a brand? Style?

Flame Away!!
LOL. Dub=Slang for 20, and in my case 20 will represent the diameter of my rims.

"DUB" began as the name of a magazine that centered around cars with rims that were 20" or better, it has evolved into a brand over the years. So that DUB badge represents both the brand name and the size of the rims I will soon have on my car.

Quick Reply: Shaved my emblems