General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Sea foamed !

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 08:27 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Sea foamed !

So last night I decided to run seafoam through my pcv vacuum Line for my engine, now when doing this it's supposed to sputter and smoke. It sputtered...but no smoke! None at all, not even during the spritted run, basically 90k miles and my engine is super clean I guess?! I'm going to do
My oil today and see how that turns out! Oh and here's my hids I forgot to post!

Name:  7C0A2495-DF97-4072-95A8-93ECF06A7647.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  42.5 KB

Old 03-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Hopefully without the smoke being present that means your engine is running clean and doesn't have much stuff built up inside, which is a good thing.

The hids look nice

Old 03-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Which pcv valve u used. When I did it I'm sure I used the wrong vaccum line...I heard u could also do the brake booster line as well

Old 03-01-2014, 05:07 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I used the line running to my intake, and yeah no smoke at all, it sputtered as I poured slow and then it didn't even get close to shutting off really so I had to turn it off and let it set for about 15 min, I changed my oil today after letting it sit in for about 50
Miles, I wish I would have went longer but I couldn't cause I had stuff to do, but I can tell she idles a lot better, a lot more quieter, than before which is scary cause it's so quiet I dunno if she's on or not, and this is a v8. It improved my shifting tremendously, and I can tell she's happier. I think I'll probably do this treatment every 10-15k miles. I also drained my power steering and filled back up with new liquid. I was gonna do brake but I don't have any extra brake fluid now. Using the vacuum line I had to use like. 2 dollar syringe and pour into that into the line. But it was worth it I can say. My acceleration feels amazing now

Old 03-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wonderful to know you had results with the seafoam product that you can notice! Sounds like the treatment was just what the car doctor ordered for your Monte to get her back in to prime condition. Winning!

Old 03-01-2014, 07:33 PM

That is very cool. Glad you were able to see results. How did your oil look upon draining?

My best example of results was on our trip to Florida several years ago with our 05 Tahoe 4.8l. After driving 1200 mostly highway miles to our destination, we averaged only 18mpg.

Before heading home, I added one can of Sea Foam to the empty gas tank and filled up with Mobil 87. Within the first 50 miles I watched the average climb up to 20mpg, finally topping off at 22mpg upon our return.
No other changes were made.

Good results for an $8 investment.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:01 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Well usually when I change my oil it's usually not over flowing the pan, this time however it was black and completely dirty and over flowed the pan so I can tell it really cleaned out a lot of the grime! I did it while it was extremely hot so it can pour out easy and I let it drain for over 30 mins. I topped it off with synth blend high milage Mobil 1, and I didn't notice that they gave me a bosch filter, so I'll probably push my next change a lot closer with this filter since they don't hold as much for our cars. But over all I'm gonna record my results with the highway milage. Before the change and after the intake and gas cleaning, I managed 25 mpg highway wise, so I'm gonna take. 20-40 mile trip and record my results. I'll do this probably tomarrow since it's snow.

But it's well worth it! I still gotta write up my results for my throttle cleaning

Old 03-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good looking hids. Got to love hids.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:45 PM

I Seafoam the Monte every oil change. I run it through the main brake booster line so it is pulled into the UIM and then spreads across all the intake valves and LIM runners. I normally run 3/4 of a bottle in the brake booster line. After 3/4 is in the line i reattach the line and let the car run for 2 mins. then turn the car off and let the car sit for 20 mins letting the seafoam soak into any build up in the LIM and valves. Then place the rest of the bottle in the a 1/8-1/4 tank of gas and drive the car like you stole it.

And to me there is nothing better than a can of seafoam for cleaning out the engine. I am no longer allowed to do it at my house because of the smoke the pours out of the exhaust everytime that i do it. it will smoke so bad that you cant see the other side of the street. Been using seafoam since 50K and now sit at 150K

Old 03-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

so wait im thinking about doing this but i did have me UIM replaced not that long ago, im guessing i should maybe put most in the brake booster line and the rest in the gas. and do the whole can when its time for another oil change.

Quick Reply: Sea foamed !