General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

screen on throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Default RE: screen on throttle body?

to be honest with you I haven't decided.

any recommendations???

Old 09-09-2005, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: 01whitess

to be honest with you I haven't decided.

any recommendations???
Custom!

Aftermarket intakes are simply way overpriced...with a little bit of time, a little bit of creativity and a little bit of money(emphasis on "little bit") you can have an intake that looks just as good and performs just as well.

Old 09-09-2005, 11:26 PM

Yes, I agree. I think most bolt-on aftermarket parts are overpriced. Maybe when I get motivated I'll design my own CAI.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:39 AM

if you dont mind having to paint it or do a powder coat on it you can find a 3" tube and some one to bend it for you and it will work great. Im right now waiting for mine to get here i had a frend bend it for me but he is really backed up right now with shop work so i have to wait till after it gets done and out of the way.
But will let you know when i get it /.

Old 03-16-2006, 06:17 PM

hmm i looked into this but for my car they say ill get a rough idle, sorry for sounding n00b but can someone describe a rough idle is it that bad, my source says that only happens on the 97&98 models

Old 03-27-2006, 03:37 PM

well for staters pulling the screen DOES cause neg results. the screen is there to make the air flow even so that the MAF can get a correct reading. if you pull it out, and dont get the PCM scanned and retuned, your MAF wont be accurate, and even if the car doesnt throw a code or show problems, it isnt operating at peak power.

a rough idle is when the RPMs wont settle. ex if you in Park and not on the gas the RPM tach will be jumping up and down and the engine may sound like it wants to stall out. that is a rough idle. rough idle is opposite to a smooth idle

Old 03-30-2006, 11:59 AM

I removed my screen almost two years ago and I have had no problems with idle.

Here is the ZZP write up just in case you need more removal info.

~ L I N K ~

Old 03-30-2006, 02:00 PM

i did mine about a year ago i guess now. and the idel improved and it seems to have more respons but i also did the hypercrap reprogram so it might have been it to

Old 04-07-2006, 08:32 AM

Does removing the screen decease MPG ? ? ? Does the computer adapt or change the fuel meter ? Do you notice the increase in power ?

I really love performance mod's, but with the cost of `gas/school/life I have to start thinking of mod's that don't hurt miles per gallon. That sucks! No fuel - No Go[X(]

Old 04-07-2006, 03:37 PM

I pulled mine; I average 26MPG, city stop and go traffic.

You can always put it back if it gives you problems; just make sure you don't destroy it removing it.

Quick Reply: screen on throttle body?