General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

scratched :*(

Old 03-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
Default scratched :*(

so i usually park my car as close as possible to my building so that no one can walk between the building and the car, to prevent it from getting scratched, and if someone is already in that spot then i park in the street on the corner right outside my window so i can keep an eye on it. anyway this morning i had an office depot delivery (and yes, i did switch from staples to OD this year to support my man, go figure) and the friggin driver decided to squeeze between my car and the building. he scratched the drivers side quarter panel in a couple different spots with one of the boxes. it's not awful, and will probably be very easily buffed out, but it's just the principle. i mean what was he thinking? "oh, there's a 6-inch space, let me try to get through it with this ENORMOUS HEAVY box." my good lordy.

so i called OD, who called the courier service they use for deliveries. the driver called me and even admitted he hit it but said it couldn't be that bad. i asked him why he didn't say anything about it to me then and he said he didn't think i'd notice. ?!?!?!?!WTF?!?!?!?! the courier service then sent someone out to take pictures and he told me the driver is an independent contractor and is responsible for it personally. he said he would have him call me and take care of it. he said the guy should be calling me again with his insurance info or whatever. we'll see what happens.

i wouldn't be so pissed off about it if the damn car hadn't just been re-painted after my accident. i'm going to hopefully take it back to the body shop one day next week before i leave for phoenix, they called me yesterday and finally got the vinyl kit in so he will be finishing that and i'll have him (hopefully) take care of the scratches at the same time.

am i overreacting by making a big deal about this? it just goes right up my *** sideways that the guy even knew he did it and didn't think it was a big deal. HELLO!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I would try to sue them for everything you can. Even try for pain and suffering ( seeing your car scratched up after you just painted it was emotionally painful).

I would.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:18 PM

Well it's the Tony Stewart edition, what did you expect???

j/k I like him as well. On a serious note though, because you have a special edition it should make him realize even more so you like your car. I'd bet the farm though that he didn't want to get in trouble and was hoping you would think it happened while doing other business somewhere.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:18 PM

haha, well my body shop guy is a good friend so i'm sure he'll take care of it for nothing, and i can likely have him make a big fat bill out of it...sand, paint, clearcoat, labor, etc... so i'm sure i can get a couple hundred bucks out of the guy. i'll just call it the dumbass fee.

guess nothing is stupidproof these days.... even the guy from the courier co. that came to look at it wondered out loud why the hell the guy would try to fit through that little space. with or without a box! big duh!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:23 PM

I don't know if I would admit "my body shop guy is a good friend."

Makes you wonder how many times you've been there. =D

Old 03-06-2009, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by 04 Intimidator
Well it's the Tony Stewart edition, what did you expect???
Hey now....

I'd bet the farm though that he didn't want to get in trouble and was hoping you would think it happened while doing other business somewhere.
that's what i figured. he apparently didn't think i am a car girl and i notice everything!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by 04 Intimidator
I don't know if I would admit "my body shop guy is a good friend."

Makes you wonder how many times you've been there. =D
nah, he's the guy that paints our racecars. he races with us too at the local track. well not so much anymore after he damn near killed himself on the first lap (starting dead last, mind you) last year. he lost it going into turn one and went into the outside wall drivers-side first. needless to say he's pretty much done racing. or so his wife says.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:14 AM

I'm right there with you. I hate when people are like "Hey, it's just a little scratch they won't notice." I call BS, I notice everything when I was my car, it might go unnoticed for a few days depending on how little it is, but not forever.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:02 AM

exactly. speaking of which, it's actually sort of nice out today (nice here means in the 40's in march) so i think i might wash it this afternoon. i am going to be fixing the wipers (they've been stuck in the dreaded vertical position since the day i got in the accident, oddly enough a completely separate incident) and i haven't had a chance (or warm enough weather) to fix them. once that's done i think i'll break out the hose and wash him up nice!

Old 03-07-2009, 03:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Dont forget to take pics after you wash it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: scratched :*(