General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Sam's Monte leaves Utah for Michigan, Photo's

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Sam's Monte leaves Utah for Michigan, Photo's

So the 4 1/2 year total makeover on Sam's 07 Monte Carlo SS is complete. The transport arrived last Thursday and in about an hour she was inspected, loaded up, secured and on her way to Sam back in Michigan. Thought I would post a few photo's of the car leaving and with any luck sam will get her today or tomorrow. Been fun watching this build take shape and her final form is one of sheer beauty and a crazy amount of horsepower.
Take care Sam, I can't imagine how totally excited you must be to have your stunning one of a kind Monte Carlo SS back home. What a good friend you have been, thanks for all the sweet parts you gave to Matt to have put on my Monte. Hope we can meet again....... Adios amigo

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 06-04-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Heres something I Just noticed about Sams Hood....

is it me? Or Does Sams hood look like its from a Lumina?

Reliable Carriers is the best Automotive Transport company on the Planet!
Great smart choice Sam!

Old 06-04-2013, 04:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Very cool!!!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Heres something I Just noticed about Sams Hood....

is it me? Or Does Sams hood look like its from a Lumina?

Reliable Carriers is the best Automotive Transport company on the Planet!
Great smart choice Sam!
Ha Dave perhaps the Impala front clip is whats throwing things off when we look at it. It does make the hood appear different, yet it is his factory Monte hood.

That trucking company really seemed to have their act together for sure. How do you know of them? I remember you drove long haul did you not?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:46 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Ha Dave perhaps the Impala front clip is whats throwing things off when we look at it. It does make the hood appear different, yet it is his factory Monte hood.

That trucking company really seemed to have their act together for sure. How do you know of them? I remember you drove long haul did you not?
Thats true Greg,
Yes I use to haul cars...But not for Reliable.... I use to haul them for Leaseway,Anchor Motor Freight, and Hamby auto transport....

The only reason I know some info about reliable, Is my older brother use to work for MSX... He traveled the world for all the auto shows... He was the GOTO guy for the setup of all the Shows around the world...Includeing the Proto Types from Cadillac to jeeps! It was his responsibility to make sure everything arrived and was setup in time for each Automotive new car shows... Before my life changeing accident in 1997 I had an oppurtunity to actually work for Reliable... But it wasnt long after that when that tragic day happened and changed my life forever...
But thats enough about me....
Thats how I became so familiar with what Reliable is all about!

Thanks for asking Bro...
Its been a while since I have even thought about that part of my past Life!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Ha Dave I knew it, your to savy of a guy to have not had experience with hauling vehicles. LOL, to funny, your full of secrets. Bet you saw some wild things while driving around the country. Ever get flashed by some wild woman? Sucks your life was altered to such a degree, now you have an alternate future to pursue. You do what you can do and the rest is not worth caring about. LOL, once a trucker aLways a trucker.... Take care you ol 18 wheeler. Giddy up Go!!

Old 06-04-2013, 09:08 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Ha Dave I knew it, your to savy of a guy to have not had experience with hauling vehicles. LOL, to funny, your full of secrets. Bet you saw some wild things while driving around the country. Ever get flashed by some wild woman? Sucks your life was altered to such a degree, now you have an alternate future to pursue. You do what you can do and the rest is not worth caring about. LOL, once a trucker aLways a trucker.... Take care you ol 18 wheeler. Giddy up Go!!
Ya at one time i was Living the truck Drivers dream forsure...
Which is;

Driveing Trucks, Owning/Rideing Harleys and married to a RedHead..

That dream is gone forever,

Now my new dream is:
Driveing my Pickup pulling a 5th Wheel Camper(Close but not the samething), My MonteCarlo/Family and married to a Hot Blonde!

(I tragically lost my redhead in the wreck in 1997)
We were T-boned by a underaged drunk driver while rideing our Harley!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 06-05-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:22 PM
15 Year Member
Default Truckers

Dave: You just about brought me to tears - you mentioned your accident was in '97 that was a long time ago. I truly hope you have made a full recovery. Physically I know you must be okay - but just from your tone I can tell the mental wounds are still there. I'd like to wish you the best. You have been very complimentary when it comes to my car and I can't thank you enough for that.
I'm in the steel business and have been associated with trucking companies all my life and still am today. Great business - a lot of wonderful people I've met over the years - and some friends still to this day. Anyway the best to you. - And Reliable was a recommendation from GM direct. I was going to use Intercity - but at the time I first initiated my build Intercity was not approved for my transport to Utah - and I stayed with them - beyond professional - the very best indeed. Later

Old 06-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Im amused by the ford flex fuel badge and the Mercedes kompressor badge

Old 06-05-2013, 10:58 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Monte SSV
Dave: You just about brought me to tears - you mentioned your accident was in '97 that was a long time ago. I truly hope you have made a full recovery. Physically I know you must be okay - but just from your tone I can tell the mental wounds are still there. I'd like to wish you the best. You have been very complimentary when it comes to my car and I can't thank you enough for that.
I'm in the steel business and have been associated with trucking companies all my life and still am today. Great business - a lot of wonderful people I've met over the years - and some friends still to this day. Anyway the best to you. - And Reliable was a recommendation from GM direct. I was going to use Intercity - but at the time I first initiated my build Intercity was not approved for my transport to Utah - and I stayed with them - beyond professional - the very best indeed. Later
Actually Sam:
Physically, I am forever changed, (a daily reminder) I ended up being an above knee amputee amongst other numerious injuries... Some other time i will explain the rest of them..(I was pronounced dead twice, woke up toe tagged and bagged in the morgue) and thats another story in its self!
(I did drive Semi for alittle over 25 yrs)

But thanks for the well wishes for sure....
Its been a long hard difficult road. Cause reinventing yourself Isnt easy!

Im definately looking forward to seeing up close and personal your mighty fine ride!

Quick Reply: Sam's Monte leaves Utah for Michigan, Photo's