General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Roller Rockers

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Roller Rockers

Pretty excited about picking up my trans this Friday and already looking into my next mods lol

I'll be ordering my headers shortly here but I came across these roller rockers and I'm wondering if anyone has used them? If so, gains? Anything else need to be changed if I'll be putting these in?

Attached Thumbnails Roller Rockers-20170523_231510.png  
Old 05-24-2017, 05:48 AM

Ive not looked into 7th gen mods much but I will say that seems quite expensive..Ill also say that it seems EVERYONE recommends those. Youll be looking at anywhere from 10-20 hp to the wheels.. As ive been told tho, if you swap in a new cam later, itll make the rockers a moot mod.

However, with my own research I have found that you can still benefit from a cam after a roller rocker install. You just need to take a couple things into consideration.. Lift change, spring replacement (if needed), stock springs are only good for so much lift before you would need bigger/denser ones etc...

Surely an awesome mod either way!

Old 03-13-2018, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Ive not looked into 7th gen mods much but I will say that seems quite expensive..Ill also say that it seems EVERYONE recommends those. Youll be looking at anywhere from 10-20 hp to the wheels.. As ive been told tho, if you swap in a new cam later, itll make the rockers a moot mod.

However, with my own research I have found that you can still benefit from a cam after a roller rocker install. You just need to take a couple things into consideration.. Lift change, spring replacement (if needed), stock springs are only good for so much lift before you would need bigger/denser ones etc...

Surely an awesome mod either way!

Way late on this response and reviving my own thread lol but I am just now able to get the rockers. What springs would be recommended? Car will be garaged until I install all my parts (Headers, RR's, Springs, Tune and debating on 75 shot.)

Is all I need for the RR's new springs??