Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   Respecting others' cars (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/respecting-others-cars-13795/)

2000_BLACK_SS 06-25-2009 03:48 PM

one time at high school about 3 years ago i was walking in from the parking lot and i saw a girl get out off her car and open here door into the car parked next to her then she shut the door but must of forgotten something and opened back up into the car again. after that i always took the last spot in the parking lot next to the curb.

Also one time i did not park at the end of the lot and one person parked no farther than 1 foot away from me on the drivers side and on the passenger side there is no way they could of opened their door with out hitting me. So needless to say they both have dents in the sides of their cars now.

Then the worst time of all was when someone thought it would be funny to egg my car. It turned out its not so funny to egg my car. I went to walmart got a bottle of DOT3 brake fluid and repainted the driver side of his car with it.

JuniorCar 06-25-2009 05:50 PM

That don't work no more (keyless entry). I don't even know if my door locks work. Fill the car will the expanding foam sealant instead.

mrl390 06-25-2009 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar (Post 139741)
That don't work no more (keyless entry). I don't even know if my door locks work. Fill the car will the expanding foam sealant instead.

I know, technology spoiled all my fun. BTW, I deleted my post. Probably shouldnt post that. You can really F someones day by doing that. You pretty much have to brake your car to get back in. Hey but if they really deserve it, then why not.

saigashooter 06-25-2009 07:23 PM

I always take the last spot in alot with a curb on at least one side.

I understand accidents happen, like the wind grabbing the door on a coupe and it getting away from a person, but when you throw a door open, and it hits my car i am not a happy camper.

A woman owned my car before I got it, and the edges of the doors are riddled with chips and dings. Clearly she didn't care about her car or anyone elses.

mrl390 06-25-2009 09:54 PM

Mine is the same way. The PO took maticulous care of the car, he kept it so clean that me, even as obsessed as I am about maintaining cars, was surprised. Yet the edge of the drivers door is still all chipped and dinged up. Go figure.

PINKFLOYD_ 06-25-2009 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by 2000_BLACK_SS (Post 139699)
one time at high school about 3 years ago i was walking in from the parking lot and i saw a girl get out off her car and open here door into the car parked next to her then she shut the door but must of forgotten something and opened back up into the car again. after that i always took the last spot in the parking lot next to the curb.

Also one time i did not park at the end of the lot and one person parked no farther than 1 foot away from me on the drivers side and on the passenger side there is no way they could of opened their door with out hitting me. So needless to say they both have dents in the sides of their cars now.

Then the worst time of all was when someone thought it would be funny to egg my car. It turned out its not so funny to egg my car. I went to walmart got a bottle of DOT3 brake fluid and repainted the driver side of his car with it.

Yes, exactly...Brake fluid sounds like a good thing to keep in my car trunk.

MAMONTE 06-27-2009 03:51 PM

I get pissed at people the don't pay attention to other cars around them when they swing there door open or walk by it...whatever it is...

I ALWAYS go out of my way to park way in the hell out there where no one else it, and try to get a spot with a burb on one side at least, then I hug the curb side.

One time right after my mom got her 2000 Bonneville (it literally still had paper plates on it) some dumb B**ch in a Ford Expedition was pulling into the parking spot in front of my moms Bonnie as we were walk out of the store towards our car. The lady in the Expedition was flapping her jaws on her cell, and had her head turned yelling at her kids in the back seat...well, she pulled forward till she put her bumper into the Bonnevilles bumper, then stopped...by this point my mom almost had a heart attack in the parking lot and was screaming. When the lady in the Expedition saw my mom, she said oh sh*t and backed up a little...Thank God for 5mph impact bumpers, literally the entire bumper was smashed in on the Bonnie, and when she backed up, it just popped right back out...When the lady got out of her car my mom ripped into her and called her a few choice words and told her to pay attention and get off her damn phone you dumb B*tch....the lady just shrugged her shoulders and said excuse me, what do you want from me? I'm sorry! ....No respect for other peoples cars!!!

cmeadows06 06-27-2009 04:09 PM

I always hate when someone stops to talk to you while you're inside your car and then lean on your car with their hands and finger print it all up. OR WORSE when they lean on the mirror. I'm always so afraid it will give way. I've only had the mirror thing happen once, they knew not to do that anymore! I really do agree with everyone on here though. Not many people (even at car shows) have respect for other peoples vehicle.

2000_BLACK_SS 06-27-2009 08:12 PM

The worst thing i have ever seen was when i was a small car show and there was a beautiful corvette there with custom paint job with flames with about 10 different colors in the flames and custom interior. and a little kid came up with a zip up hoodie on and leaned over the front finder to look at the engine. They owner just cringed. Then they dad of the kid yanked him off the car at least. so i dont think the kid will do that again. but the kicker was the dad was on the cell phone not watching the kid when he first did.

mrl390 06-27-2009 08:27 PM

Car shows attract dumb people like moths to a light. We have/had several old cars. My mom has a 1955 F100 that we finished about 10 years ago. Its custom with chopped top, widened fenders, air ride and custom PPG paint. It attracts stupid people the most. The truck has a hydraulic tilt front end that tilts the whole front clip forward to show off the engine. There was a guy literally sitting on the front tire, crammed up under the wheel well one time. We also had another member of our car club pull a lady out of the truck that was sitting in it. The worst was one time we went to a car show in Waynesburg on main street. They closed the street off and we all parked in front of all the businesses. Aparently a lady that owned a tax office near where we parked had her picture taken standing on the running boards in HIGH HEELS. They are fiberglass too, not the stock steel ones. We didnt know about it until the next year when we saw the photo posted in the front window of her business. My mom stormed in, pulled the photo off the front window, walked up to the lady, hung up the phone she was talking on and yelled at her for standing on the truck. Me, my father and a few other guys from the car club were standing outside watching the whole thing, crying from laughing so hard.