General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Respecting others' cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 04:25 AM

the sitting on your car part of your story made me think of the part in American Graphitti where Richard Dreyfus sat on the Pharoh's 50 Merc.

i see all kinds of disrespect to peoples cars all the time. fender rubbing and door bumping in the parking lot seems to be a lot more common than it used to be. and I noticed the offenders are always on their God-d@mn3d cell phones! worse thing ever invented.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:02 AM

To me, in Today's World it is becoming more difficult to
protect your investments. Especially `if you have
worked hard to obtain & keep your Monte Carlo from
damage by unknown others.

Is there anywhere in public to safely
leave your Monte, and feel secure that no one will purposely damage
it, and show respect ?

I dread leav'in my small beach community &
going/driv'in to the Big Cities...
To me it seems the majority are driving/parking all stressed
`out with no regard to anyone else on the road.
I believe one must "Give Respect to Get Respect",
to many seem to not give a darn, or care about other people,
or their possessions: (

If one has a super ride, you must constantly keep your
eyes on `it, b-4 someone else puts their body on it : (,
or damages `it because it's not their's

Don't they understand `if caught, they could `die

BeWare of those that have nothing to lose!
They have never learned to "Give `Up 2 `Get,
but have mastered how to `Take.
It's very Sad 4-Sure.

ps. Cort, great 2 C U online..Wish U & readers a `Happy

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-22-2009 at 05:05 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

I know exactly what you mean. i treat everyones car with great amount of respect, whether its a POS car or an amazing car, cause i want others to give my car the respect it deserves. but again and again i see people who give my car hate, mostly the high school kids cause i am only a year or 2 older then them. but i think its that there are jelous of my car and my system because its better than theres. all my high school and college guys i hang out with totally respect my car because they often drive nice cars too so they know what its like and they would hate to come out to something missing on there car.

back in my senior year in highschool my friend had a 94 Camaro Z28 and someone hit i his car with there door while he was in the car. he went are reported it to the office and then went to dealer to get a price quote on how much to fix it and made the kid pay for it.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 AM

I have an 02 conversion van. I was in the diner and saw someone leaning on it and almost lost my mind. As far as the centercaps thats not good especially what the charge for the replacements. I ran a bead of clear marine silicone on the inside of the cap and rim so they dont fall off or be easily removed.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:06 AM

the first day i got my monte, i had to go pick up my sister from work. i park a few rows behind the rest of the other cars because i knew what would happen if i had parked closer. i went inside to see her and no later than 5-10 mins i walk out with a pos black grand prix parked right next to mine when there was everywhere besides me to park. i sit down and have a cig and walked to my car to see my very first f-ing scratch on the hood. i was livid. not even 24 hours went by did i get a scratch on my hood! anyways, later i got into an accident and the hood was replace(whoo, well somewhat). couple months later i walk out of work to find my drivers side door dented in, by what i found out later was a groccery cart. dent matched up perfectly with the lower rail of the cart. i didnt even see it until i came home and my girlfriends lights was shined onto it where i could see an indentation. some people just need to be beaten the f up. if i ever saw someone scratch hit, or dent my car again, its going to be *** all over the street.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I completely agree. I don't understand what goes through people's minds in parking lots. Who needs to swing a door open violently? or park so close so that you can't even get out?

Even if a car is violently rotting through the frame, I still won't do anything to it that I wouldn't want done to my car.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:12 AM

and i respect everyones car. EVERYONES. my friend had a 97 trans-am formula 1 pontie! we were going to walmart, when we pulled into a parking spot these two kids were sitting across from us looking at us as we got out. i had a feeling just by there stares that something was going to happen. we come out and he noticed a streak going down his windshield. they had taken a hamber and wiped it down the windshield and into his hood intakes(they were just for looks). i was pissed for him. if they were still around, again it was going to be *** everywhere. stupid people

Old 05-22-2009, 08:17 AM

I'm glad to hear that there are other people out there that share my thoughts. I just got my '02 SS Pace Car Saturday but I've also got a '80 Corvette and I absolutely hate to go to cruise nights. I pretty much refuse to do so because of all the previous posts comments. People just don't get it. I was leaving work on Monday with my old car (Impala) and one of the sales guys standing next to my car puts his junk on my trunk and just stands there talking. I was amazed. I left a cruise night early on Wednesday for the same reason.

I'll post some pictures of my new ride this weekend after it gets cleaned up.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I know the feeling guys. Years ago, i was driving my Apache and went out with a few friends. When i got back, i noticed a dent on the door and a diff color paint. It wasn't a big dent, but a dent none the less. Parked next to me was an early 60s VW Bug that matched the color from the dent. It pissed me off so much, that as i was getting into my truck, i back kicked my size 13s right in the middle of his door, leaving a HUGE dent. I bet he was happy when he got back.

Quick Reply: Respecting others' cars