General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Related to my earlier post about starter for 07 mc ss..

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 12:13 AM
1 Year Member
Default Related to my earlier post about starter for 07 mc ss..

Ok.. I got it replaced.. but took forever to replace it... there were issues causing this simple task longer than i thought...

One of issue was spending a while underneath to look for starter. And I got out of underneath and Google it up in different way, including "ls4". And diagram for ls4 came up in google. That's great... and it turned out that location of starter is not where people and Internet were telling me!! I was able to replace the starter from top!. I had to remove air filter box before I can remove bad starter and place new one in...

Only issue I had with starter was the bottom bolt was tough to deal with unless u have right tool. I didn't had right tool to begin with, since it wasn't included in checklist of tools I needed..

For you with 5.3L v8.. starter can be replaced from top of engine and u don't need to send yr car to shop for that! The starter is on right side of engine. Between radiator and block. Yes, pain in the *** to remove bottom bolt. But easy to replace once u can turn the bolts...

Old 02-28-2016, 01:07 PM

I paid someone else to replace mine, about this time last year. I could have did it myself, but it was freezing cold and I didn't have anywhere to do it.
Paid to much, cause I know it was a simple job.