General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Was rear ended in the Monte today...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Default Was rear ended in the Monte today...

So I was driving home from work in the Monte today and was stopped behind a school bus, which was stopped and waiting to make a right turn. I was probably stopped for no more than 5 seconds when all of a sudden BAM, jackass in a Toyota Carolla slammed into me. I admit I was not as upset as I thought I would have been. I was upset and cursing, but didn't scream at the driver like I thought I would have. Anyway, I get out of my car and see the front of his car completely smashed. I looked at the back of my car and was surprised that as hard as he hit me, 95% of the damage was confined (amazingly enough) to the driver side tail pipe, which was now bent and wedged up into the wheel well rubbing heavily against the inside of my tire. The other 5% of the damage was confined to the bumper, which is slightly bent out of shape and scratched up. I was able to bend the tail pipe enough (after about 20 minutes of prying and kicking) to get it to where the tire no longer rubbed. Nobody was hurt.

His Car:

My tail pipe. The foam in the pipe is from his bumper:

Old 10-07-2010, 08:24 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That totally sux! I'm glad no one was hurt and your Monte wasn't damaged too bad.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:13 PM

No pictures of your car?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Im glad nobody was hurt. That being said,
America-1
Japan-0

Old 10-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Gatta love the old steel of american cars.. lol i love the fact you can actually see the whole your exhaust made in the bumper cover of the other car

Old 10-07-2010, 10:00 PM

Is that a red Monte I see in the background of the first pic? Maybe coming to the rescue or something.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bego
No pictures of your car?
You need more? The new and super flowing pretzel exhaust wasn't enough for ya, huh? lol.

Originally Posted by kingreyna
Is that a red Monte I see in the background of the first pic? Maybe coming to the rescue or something.
It is. That's actually my mom's 07 LS.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Well doesn't look too bad. Glad to hear you are ok tho. American muscle will always prevail. I was cut off by a mazda once in my 79 blazer, small bend in the bumper and totaled the mazda.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:55 AM

Hi `Dustin,
Sorry to read about your accident, but glad to read that no person was hurt, and that your Monte only had minor damage. Was the Toyota Driver texting or on the phone ?

Hope they had insurance & that everything can be fixed as new. Be Safe out there...Thanks for sharing and reminding us that --`it happens : (
Good Luck

Old 10-08-2010, 06:33 AM

That sucks, at least the damage to your car was minor. That toyota's probably a total loss. Those things are only $16000 new so it doesn't take much to total them

I've been rear ended twice in the past few years, luckily not in my monte. The 1st time was in my 94 bonneville. I was stopped for 2 or 3 minutes trying to make a left turn on a busy road. I had my turn signal on. I just happened to look in the rear view in time to see a jeep coming right at me, at 40 mph, and the driver wasn't looking. I couldn't do anything but brace for impact and he hit hard. I was on the brake and it knocked the car forward several feet. Surprisingly I could drive home but it did 6 grand of damage to the bonnie and only messed up his bumper cover. Luckily no one was hurt but the idiot had no insurance and would not return my calls and I only had liability, but my state doesn't require any insurance but they do have a law that made uninsured motorist pay for the damage in 30 days or they would loose their licence indefinently until they payed for it

29 days later I had the cash and bought a 99 bonneville and scraped the 94, which coinsidently got rearended a year to the day later while yielding at a yield sign, but that time it only did $500 in damage and they had insurance

Quick Reply: Was rear ended in the Monte today...