General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

RACING STRIPE OPINION?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default RACING STRIPE OPINION?

Well this really hurts me to say that my racing stripes are discoloring because of the heat out here, its only been like two years and I can't believe it. I am gonna miss the reflective look alot but I need some opinions please.

I am going to get the stripes painted in the same pattern, I am thinking of doing the Dale Jr Amp Green color for the racing stripes and it will go with the black. what do you think about this choice?

Or I can go with a black painted on?

I always wanted to do a two tone paint job and make my car look like dale jrs but a two tone paint job is really expensive.

I can get the transformers logo in a reflective green and take the side stripes off and go with a metallic or pearl green stripes that will make the car stand out with the black, I see white and black alot and I do like it alot but I always like dale jrs new car and want to do something with his colors.

What is everybodys opinions?

I am getting some paint quotes soon and I found one custom paint guy that has been in alot of magazines he is gonna give me a price on the green stripes and a price If I go with black stripes.

Thanks for the feedback all...

Old 10-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Default RE: RACING STRIPE OPINION?

Hmm, I think green would be sick if you manage to tie it in with the rest of the car.

I'm really interested in seeing which way you end up going. I was quoted just under $3k to have mine painted the way I want and to have all the dings and scratches everywhere worked out.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:04 PM

I got a small ding and a light scratches too, I hope I can get everything done under $2000, I want to do the green and will see what the differences in prices are, I will post what I get quoted, I won't be doing this right away, I will have to save up and will do it a little later, The car shows I wanted to do this year will wait till next year. Thanks for liking the green and I could tie it in nicely with the black and white.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:52 PM

Got the quotes...

$2000 for two tone paint metallic or pearl greenandgreypinstriping

$1200 for metallic or pearl green racing stripes

$1000 for black racing stripes

I will do some photo editing to get an idea what this will look like and will do it later on.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:54 PM

You've always been ballsy with your car. Go with the metallic green.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:45 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you want "Different" green stripes would fill the bill.

I would love to have my rally stripes on correctly. It's really bugging me they're on wrong. If I could afford to have them painted on I would. So that way they would be under the clear coat and not just laying on top of the paint for someone's kid to try and pick off with their fingernails.

There are stone chips on the front facia of my '06 Monte. They were on there when I got the car and I'd like to get it repaired. Other then that, it's about the only issues I have with the paint or body of the car.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 PM

if you do stripes instead of repainting the entire hood you could mask out the stripes, prep, remask, paint, sand and buff, then over the hard line on the side of the stripe get a pinstriper to lay a different color over it. if you do green stripes get black pinstripe, then have the pinstriper fill in your SS emblems wiht green. i think it would be sweet.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My answer to you is, it's your car and your money. Save up the money and do it the way you'd really like it the first time.
You being a Dale Jr fan, if you would really like the stripes in the Amp green, go for it. Like you said, there are lots of white cars with black stripes. With yours having the Amp green color, yours would really stand out.

Something to keep in mind if you're going with the Dale Jr look painted onto your car. Stickers are easy to remove. But once you get something painted on, you're pretty much committed. If you decide you don't like/want it anymore, you have to repaint.

Not trying to sound like your dad or anything, but what happens if or when in the future Dale Jr changes sponsors or teams again? As any Dale Jr edition Monte owner can tell you, things change.

I think it would look good though.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:56 PM

If jr does change sponsors I will be ok with it because I am a huge fan of the miami dolphins and the Miami Hurricanes, My football teams will be much better in a year or two. I like the green for many reasons and am ok with that paint choice. I have the huge banners of gordon and jrs new car on my wall hung up and all I think about is painting it similar. I really enjoy everybodys feedback. I can't wait to do this one day, I am going to miss my reflective stripes alot but they don't handle the weather here in Arizona.

I will Get my ding I have in my door fixed and scratches fixed

Then I will get the stripes painted In a green color

I will lower the front with the eibach springs

then paint the brake calipers

change the rotors to slotted and drilled

Then I will Do a race inspired looking stereo system in the trunk

add some white neon in the trunk and interior for cruise nights and car shows at night

And I will be done. I am halfway done with my car and see my vision for it and can't wait to see the final product, but its a fun journey and I have met alot of cool people made some new friends with a passion for cars, Its alot of fun.

Thank you for all the positivefeedback

Old 10-14-2008, 09:19 PM

do you have a specific brake rotor in mind? im looking to upgrade myne shortly.

Quick Reply: RACING STRIPE OPINION?