General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Question about monte carlo

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:25 AM
Default Question about monte carlo

I know someone who is looking at a monte carlo. Its a 2002 SS with 91k miles. Of course shes looking at a dealership because its the only place where she can find it in her color, yellow. They are selling it for 13k its probably not the best price but im sure we can talk them down some. Two things i would like to know. First is that a decent price to pay for one and Second they say its a limited edition but all i can find on limited editions are the Dale Earnhardt limited editions. Are those the only limited editions ones available for 2002? The thing that makes me wonder is I thought that all the Earnhardt ones were painted black. Any help would be appreciated

Old 08-15-2006, 04:31 AM
Default RE: Question about monte carlo

Also if it is a limited edition what makes it different than a regular SS?

Old 08-15-2006, 06:35 AM

Well...first of all, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, take a look at this website: www.kbb.com

I ran the numbers based on what you have said about the car using a 3.8 litre SS as the starting point as there was no option for a Limited Edition. Kelley says that the avg miles should be 62,000. With only the standard eq. selected, the average retail price assuming "Excellent" condition is only $10,755. Run the Trade In numbers and you can see what the dealership probably paid when they acquired the car. In this case between $5,500 - $7,300, condition Fair - Excellent respectively. How much of that spread does your friend want to pay?

As far as the limited edition, is there any distinctive badging on the car? Official pace car, etc.? I would try asking Yellow_Monte, Ride of the Month for August 2006. You can find a link to the right of the page.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:25 PM

the only limited editions i know of were the earnhearts. for that year and also the pace cars but if it is a pace car then you can run the vin# and find that out. I would defently be asking a diffrent dealer about the limited editions avalibel for that year.

Good luck i hope that yellow monte can shed light on this for you also. Im not sure on his what or why it is considerd limited. but i have never asked him ethier so there might be a model that i dont know about.

Please keep us posted on this.

As far as price i think i would walk in there with 9000.00 and say take it or leave it if it will pass the mechanics inpestion of my choice.
Then take it to a diffrent dealer or some one that dose warrenty work on the montes and ask them to inspect it. most of the time they are not to hig priced to have this done and they can chek it better then most back yard mech. can. they can also pull coeds on it witch is a good thing to do also. If they can get in to teh GM site they can pull a mantnace log on that car for everythign that was ever done to it under warrenty you might try asking the selling dealer for a copy of this also.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:40 PM

there is a limeted edition package for them like i have in my 03 model that consiset of a diffent guage package leather dual heated seats and sunroof and if it is a lomkited edition it will say it right in the middle of the speedo

~picture of speedo~

Old 08-16-2006, 03:54 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Were gonna go take a look at it thursday. I just wanted to get a heads up on price and find out exactly what limited edition was on them. Don't want some sleezy salesman to pull the wool over my eyes over something like that. I'll update this after i get all the info. Once again thanks for your help.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:06 AM

Looks like i just got my first look at the car. Apparently its a limited edition pace car. Heres a Link. 2002 Monte So my next question is whats special about the pace car edition? Anything that would keep the price up?

Old 08-16-2006, 09:20 AM

only thing that puzzles me is that is has an rds radio in it thety diddnt starrt that until 04 i thought

Old 08-16-2006, 03:43 PM

nah, we had a montana min van that was a 2000 and it had it in there also. think it was around 99 when it came out as a more standard feture , I remeber hating it as it would go off never fails when you were trying to hear something improtant on a nother channel LOL
it didnt take long to figure out how to disabel it at all LOL

Also my 03 had it in there befroe i put the flip screen in to it/