General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Put a little work into the MC.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 09:18 AM
1 Year Member
Default Put a little work into the MC.

So my transmission went out a couple of months ago and I had it rebuilt by a shop down here. They did a great job. So since it was already in there, I had them install a couple of lowering springs I got from Mike (03JGMonte). It rides great now.

Then last Friday, I decided to get rid of the stock exhaust, which was a single outlet. I went with some dual Magnaflows and sounds pretty good. Wish it had a lil more growl but what can you do when it's a 3.5? Lol.

So now I just need my intake, which Mike is working on. The Overkill ECU tune and the TransGo shift kit and I think I'll be done...maybe lol. I think I want to bag it but we'll see.

Here's a pic of the MC. Photoshopped to see what it'd look like bagged. And my Instagram video of the new exhaust sound.

View this post on Instagram

Attached Thumbnails Put a little work into the MC.-dsc09327.jpg  
Old 01-01-2015, 11:42 PM

Cool. Sounds lots better.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:48 AM

sounds good i have mine bagged u can get it way lower then that picture

Old 01-03-2015, 12:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice you have a new tranny to give you that peace of mind while out there street racing.

A bagged Monte is like a not to often done mod. I did not think anyone on the forum here had a bagged Monte. Know some peeps are acquiring the items to do it. But hey we have a newer Monte here and he says his is bagged. Good person to have here, might be able to help others with any tech support questions.

Lets get it done!!

Old 01-03-2015, 06:11 AM

Ask away it's not a bad job to do but I did customize my strut bags so it should go lower

Old 01-03-2015, 08:38 AM
1 Year Member

BlackSS01, how much did everything run you? It's probably last on my list of mods I want to do but it's definitely on there. I found a kit that runs around 2500, I think.

Zippy, I looked everywhere for a newer bagged Monte lol. I searched Google, Bing, the forums and found people who talked about it but no one with it actually done. Lol. I won't be the one of the guys just talking. I'll get it done. As far as street racing, I totaled my last MC (2003 SS...not from street racing and it wasn't my fault) so I drive slow now lol. And side note: your MC was one of the reasons I even started trying to upgrade my old MC. I love your car lol.

Thanks, El Pachuco.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:57 AM

I saw an air ride suspension kit for our monte Carlos for sale online! Also if you want a little more deeper, louder sound on your exhaust I have some flowmaster duals and they sound nice! Like a V8

Old 01-03-2015, 10:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by blackss01
Ask away it's not a bad job to do but I did customize my strut bags so it should go lower
Please message me, I have been planning to bag mine for 3 years now but only found a couple kits specifically for my Monte and need some tips and info. Thanks!

Old 01-03-2015, 11:44 PM

That thing sounds sweet!!

Old 01-04-2015, 08:29 AM

I would buy everything separate it's More expensive but in the kits the valves are small slow and suck pretty bad and the compressor is terrible and don't build alot of pressure. ... the bag are the only thing left from the kit

Quick Reply: Put a little work into the MC.