General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Project Sleeper Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Project Sleeper Monte Carlo

Hey all, a little introduction about myself. I've been a member of this board for a while, and have owned my 2001 SS for about 2 years now. I've always wanted to play with this car, but have not had the money nor the car until about 4 months ago.

I went to bootcamp in July of last year, and that was pretty much the last time I got to drive the Monte. Went to North Carolina for a month, then got stationed at NAS Pensacola for about 6 months for school. Came here to Cherry Point, NC and picked up my car from New Jersey as soon as I got here. I've just recently I have paid off my debts, along with having some spare change to spend so I decided why not toy with my car?

The Monte is pretty much stock except for a Cold Air Intake which I built myself(getting replaced), a pair of Flowmaster Super 44's which I welded on about a month ago (they sound amazing by the way, i'm going to try to get a clip of them today) and a 180* T-stat.

I'm planning to make this a sleeper. I've stripped off every decal on the car except the 'SS' decals on the sides. In about a month i'm going to order a ported M90 supercharger and do an l36 - l67 swap. Until them I bought some stuff that I thought needed to be done first.

I ordered front and rear GMPP trailing arms, GMPP front and rear sway bars, Wizaired CAI, ZZP spark plug wires, Aeroforce Intercepter scan gauge with 2 gauge pod for it and WeatherTech ventshades. 829$. They're coming ground so I hope to have them by Wensday or Thursday. The mail on base is slow as anything so we'll see.

I'll be taking pictures along the way of everything, removal, install, critiques, etc. After I do the l67 swap i'm going to get 13" dual piston brakes, control arms, KYB GR2 struts, SSC lowering springs, rockers, HV throttle body and whatever else I can get my hands on.

Last edited by AlGeeEater; 07-18-2009 at 10:23 PM.