General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Prewired?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Default Prewired?

For example. On the ss they nomaly have fog lights. While the ls, doesn't. But does the wiring exist for it? Or any other prewiring.

Old 04-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Default RE: Prewired?

I know you can buy SS fog light kits on ebay. And if you look where the fog lights should be on ur LS, the covers can be poped off. As for prewiring I doubt it because that would be a waste of money for them to prewire something that 5% of monte buyers would use.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:53 AM

i am almost sure they are there i have the SS so i cant look for you ,

but big manufactures like G.M. in this case will only order one wireing harness for that type of car Unless it is somethign they add to the main harnes the plugs should be there and all of the connetincs made . should be nothing more then pluging a fuse in it (if you even have to do that) and then plugging in and mounting the lights.

it is moire expensive to order several harnesses for one style car then to order one harness for all of them True it is a waste if you think of one car having the stuff there and not useing it. but in the grand scheam of things it is still cheaper to mass order say 30000 harnesses all the same then 1500 of one and then the others also. you dont get as good of a price.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:18 AM

Although I agree with Mickey's theory, this is GM were talking about here.. lol

This was discussed elsewhere a while back and in the case of the overhead invormation center, the LS was not wired as the SS and requires a wire harness to add it to a model without the overhead information center. That being said, it should be an easy wire up if not there.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:10 PM

but the over head stuff is diffrent weather or not you have a sun roof also.

but to give you a idea the heated seats option .
the switches for it are in your center council normally right below the cup holder.

the wireing is there for them and also under your carpet in the car under each seat.

i know it is there for fact in the center council i have all my LED's in my cent counel running off the dash lights protion of the plug for them.

ther eis also another option that has a plug in there i havent figured out what it is for yet.
need to do some digging in the books i have to find out.

basicaly it is this if a dealer can add the options in then more then likely they will be there.

the onstar is somethign diffrent along with the phone hook ups etc... I belive those are not there.

I wish they had the changer harness in there also but i havent found that yet. But im redoing my trucnk now building a box etc... so if i find that one i will let ya know. As i plan to add a DVD changer in to it sometime in the near futre.

Old 04-24-2006, 06:51 PM

Did I hear you correctly? The switches for the heated seats are in the center console?

Maybe we need one of our LS guy's to some digging around for the fog light wire harness. I'll also look at mine this weekend to see if i can tell where the split off to the rest of the harness.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:08 AM

I was looking under the front of my mc, trying to find the drain plug for the raditor(Couldn't find yet) But I found a plug, like the one's for your headlights. And I also notices these plugs, or simlar plugs in the engine comartment. I was thinking of getting factory fog lights and the fog switch. And it would be great if the rest was already there.

I also notices ss that have a 3.8L , but no leather or sunroof, or3.8 &lethr but no sunroof, weird huh?

Old 04-25-2006, 05:15 AM

mine is leather, sunroof and fog lights, and it is a SS .
i dont hav ethe onstar or the phone but i have the home link (like i ever use that one)
Also i have the cell phone charger for my phone wired in to the head liner to .

Yes the factory heated switches are wired int eh car and have power to.
they are coverd with a grey foam tha tis sticky as hell but the plugs are there.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

mine is leather, sunroof and fog lights, and it is a SS .
i dont hav ethe onstar or the phone but i have the home link (like i ever use that one)
Also i have the cell phone charger for my phone wired in to the head liner to .

Yes the factory heated switches are wired int eh car and have power to.
they are coverd with a grey foam tha tis sticky as hell but the plugs are there.

Cool, I am going to have to pull my console apart.. Thanks Man, you learn something new everyday around here...

Old 04-25-2006, 06:36 PM

yeah i didnt expect them to be there ethier but they are. and also work off the dash lights so they are switched to makes it real easy to install things ya want to put in there and only come on with the lights.