General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Preachin to the Choir

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Preachin to the Choir

I love my Monte.

Seriously, everything about it.

I get asked all the time if the gas mileage makes me mad. No way, I say. Spend less on the GF, more on my Monte. Heck, i wish i had the 5.3L

What do you like the most about yours? My fave is probably the drop dead sexy lines of the 06 LTZ. I could stare at that beautiful profile all day, and sometimes do.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: Preachin to the Choir

I love the ride quality and comfort. I love that I dont have to deal with the annoying squeaks and rattles like on other cars Ive driven. I love that once I wind the car out to 3500 rpm, I can keep up with most cars on the road. I also love that I can drive the car hard when I want to, and still haul my stuff/friends around and do it rather economically. I especially love that you can pick my car out from the crowd rather easily, and not because it is obnoxious.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:32 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

The power, and room, its pretty huge. I only have one complaint, the seats are pretty hard.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Snyderman

I love my Monte.

Seriously, everything about it.

I get asked all the time if the gas mileage makes me mad. No way, I say. Spend less on the GF, more on my Monte. Heck, i wish i had the 5.3L

What do you like the most about yours? My fave is probably the drop dead sexy lines of the 06 LTZ. I could stare at that beautiful profile all day, and sometimes do.
Lol, I was asked the other day what sorta milage I was getting and I told the guy that it's around 22-24 in town if I'm nice and that I've gotten 30-32 on the highway at 65mph. He said that was nice and I agreed saying that it's great for the kinda car it's supposed to be. Was an older guy that had pulled up in some Nissan or Honda in the WalMart parking lot as I was getting in. Really seemed to like the car. First time I'd gotten a compliment from a stranger in awhile and it felt damn good.

My favorite things would have to be the interior, great room, fits my 6' 8" frame with room to spare and I loved the brushed metal look as opposed to wood or leather. Not too much of a fan of the front clip but I do love the rest of the exterior, do kinda wish the rear quarter windows were more to a point so they'd be more conductive to louvers.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:46 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

hey i don't know about spendling less on the GF to have it or not

i like the looks of the car, and the interior. the car feels great inside. lots of my friends have pointed out just how comfortable and inviting the interior is on this thing. with my loud pipes, the passenger seat now has a full time massaging effect

Old 09-20-2008, 08:44 PM

I like my black leather, my black paint, and the fact that ive got a unique car for around town. And, chicks dig it

Old 09-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What's not to like about it? I love my Monte. But it was the stripes on the sides, and the supercharged engine that turned my eye on it in the first place.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:49 PM

I love everything about my car, from the long-haul comfort to the looks I get driving it around. The SS styling and black/silverexterior with black interiorgets a lot of attention even in this relatively MC-rich area.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:55 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Them power seats sure are nice. (and would look great in a '57 Chevy)

I have to admit I've never been a sun roof fan. But it's grown on me. Both newer Montes have one and both get used from time to time.

There's just something about the body lines on all 4 Montes that get my pumped. If I had a favorite it would be my '86 LS followed by Deb's '03 Pace car, my '06 LTZ, then her '81 SC Monte.

I may have mentioned this before. But those power bucket seats in the '03 Pace car sure would look nice in a '57 Chevy.