General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Powerstop Z26 Street Warrior Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 06:59 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Powerstop Z26 Street Warrior Brake Kit

So a while ago, my front brakes started to pulse pretty bad, and about a month ago I decided I'd start taking a look at a bunch of things I knew my car is in need of. The front driver's side rotor had rusted to the point where it seemed there were layers in between solid layers of metal in the rotor, and it started to rip apart my pad. I've had it for about 3 years. As of writing this, yesterday was the first time I replaced anything in the brakes, I've never replaced my fuel filter, my cabin air filter, any lines besides my radiator hoses, or really anything in the motor. So this brake kit is i guess their second best brake kit? The rotors are cross-drilled and slotted, "silver-zinc" plated! and seem pretty heavy in comparison to any other rotor i've seen besides 3/4 ton trucks. The pads are a carbon-metallic compound of come sort i guess. I ended up going with this kit because it wasn't much more expensive than individual parts from autozone. The kit came with new boots for the slider pins which were a pain to get out, but it happened. So far they seem to be smoother than the ones (i'd hope anyway) than the ones that were on it. But all-in-all, they seem worth it.