General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

A pleasant surprise

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default A pleasant surprise

So, a week ago I take my 02 Galaxy Silver SS in for emissions testing here in Illinois. I pull into the test lane and a woman, around 40 or so, and not bad looking is working the lane. I pull up and she says, Wow, I really like your car. I smiled and thanked her and small talked a little. So she gets in, hooks it up and starts it up and says, Oh, my I really like the way that sounds. I thanked her again but noticed a ring on her left hand

I thought, that's cool that my 13 year old car would get some compliments from a person who sees cars all day, everyday.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Gosh, It's so demeaning when they do that!! Most of the time they know how to work the customers so they will return or spend just a little more money.
Here is a little story of how it works in Reverse.
Back in 2004 I was in Colorado Springs, my daughter lives there. So we are finishing up our visit and discovered the family vehicle has a flat tire, it had a roofing nail in it and when I parked it in her driveway the tire went down.
So we went to the local store that I had purchased the tires from only back home. After I waited in line to get service the guy tells me they can't possibly work on it. They weren't very busy nothing in the bays. I almost decked the guy.
My daughter seeing my frustration has me drive over to another shop, and she goes in to see if they can fix it. 3 guys follow her out and take the car in. They fix the flat and then I stop to see what the cost is, the Service Mgr. says there is no charge!!
She was about 27/28 at the time Blond.
I couldn't believe it!!