General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Pics of my Door Sills and Red Bowtie

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Default Pics of my Door Sills and Red Bowtie

Still have not received the "SS" headrests yet, they should be in on Monday, coming from Lansing Michigan.

Enjoy!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...g?t=1168096970

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...g?t=1168097061

Jason

Old 01-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Pics of my Door Sills and Red Bowtie

oh i like the door sills they look really good.

what color was the bow tie on the back of the car before?? or was there one there???

Old 01-06-2007, 12:33 PM

Hey `Jason,
Love the look[sm=massbounce.gif]it's yours.
What type exhaust tips are on your Monte ?
They look awesome...Are they aftermarket ?
Thanks 4 Sharing pic's of your Monte& Updateswith the forum.
Safe/Happy miles 2 U
`Space

Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

oh i like the door sills they look really good.

what color was the bow tie on the back of the car before?? or was there one there???
It was that big GOLD one, I dont know, I just like the Black and Red combo, always have!

Old 01-06-2007, 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Hey `Jason,[/align][align=center]Love the look[sm=massbounce.gif]it's yours.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What type exhaust tips are on your Monte ?[/align][align=center]They look awesome...Are they aftermarket ?[/align][align=center]Thanks 4 Sharing pic's of your Monte& Updateswith the forum.[/align][align=center]Safe/Happy miles 2 U[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]
ALOT of people have asked me about those tips. I got them put on when I had my flowmasters done. They are just a generic aftermarket long tip. As soon as I saw them at the guys shop I knew I had to have those...

Old 01-06-2007, 12:54 PM

Jason, your car is immaculate. The sill plates look real good. I'm glad you posted the picture, my new 07 SS should be in Monday (Jan 8) and I already have a set of the plates at the dealership waiting. They sure don't look too good in the package, so I feel better seeing yours installed. I'm also envious that you are going to spring for the SS embroidered headrests. These will I'm sure be a knockout addition. Damn, you'venow got me thinking about it. Did you ever dicide what you are going to do about the seat belt guide?? I havent looked but possibly the pillar mounted one from the Impala could be used. Don't know whether there would be any space issues or not?? Just a thought.

Personally, I prefer the gold Bowtie emblem, somwhow IMHO it looks classy. Maybe I feel this way because the 04 SS I now have already has the red outline emblems and I'm sort of used to them and the gold will be a nice change.

Since you prefer the red, another nice touch is to buy a couple of sets of the small red SS emblems and install them on the inside door panels. I did this with my 04 and I thought it looked pretty nice. I also put the red outline Bowtie on the lower ground effects just behind the front wheel. On the 06, I think I would use the same redemblem you have on your trunk, and put it at the same height as the SS door badges, but on the rear quarters. Or right behind the SS badges themselves.

I'm going to put the chrome "Monte Carlo" name badges from the trunk on the rear quarters of my new 07.

Just a few of my thoughts. We seem to think alike, a few nice custom touches really personalize your ride.

A picture of my 04, that shows the red bowties on the ground effects is posted in the "New Members" section. Have a look.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:55 PM

looks nice. but then i like the red on black also.

but now tha ti see the tail lights makes me wonder if they would fit the 03 model year LOL

here we go agian ..LOL
oh she is goign to kill me when i start modding lights agian LOL

Old 01-06-2007, 05:59 PM

Those are the exact same door sill plates I've got for my '06 LTZ. Pics are in another post. Sorry man but I hate the red bowtie on an '06, makes it look like an old Monte.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: cain45

Those are the exact same door sill plates I've got for my '06 LTZ. Pics are in another post. Sorry man but I hate the red bowtie on an '06, makes it look like an old Monte.
I knew you would have nothing good to say Cain45, I expected it. I think on black it looks AMAZING. The ugly azz gold bowtie just doesn't look like the traditional red on black "sport" look... Glad you have your opinions though....

Old 01-06-2007, 06:47 PM

I think the red bowtie looks great on a SS
It should have stayed red for the SS not only with the bowtie but with the "SS" badges as well
as for the chorme and gold bowtie it should be on the other models. It lookes great on the LTZ.....
As far as the tailpipe tips you can get them from the dealer.....

Quick Reply: Pics of my Door Sills and Red Bowtie