General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Pics first day out of hibernation

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 11:09 PM

N00B SAIB0T

Dang that looks nice!

Old 05-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Superb upgrade for the brakes. All quality parts, went to the effort and had the parts powder coated. Thats the extra effort that makes sure you only do the job once. If you can't REALLY stop when you have to, that could be all there is between your Monte making it back home or to the repair shop. Let us know what you think of the tires performance. The red was just right, works with the SS emblem to a tee. Very nice Turbocharged Monte SS your rolling in. Very impressive build sheet on your garage page. Your doing things right for sure.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 05-06-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

BlackRainSS yes I love the smokers guards it was the first thing i bought 7 years ago, it gives the car a diff look.
Zippy02 thanks alot when you go fast you gotta slow fast, I just bought a L67 lastweek to start building so I might hit you up for some pointers later on, my opinion your car is the best for quality of parts on this site.
Thanks evrybody for the good words about my car I appriciate it more mods to come

Old 05-07-2012, 12:40 PM

Nice I was thinking of getting some for my truck and didn't know how I'd like them yet on a car. They do look good.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks Awsome!!!

Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

LOOKS GREAT! you should paint the plastic piece between the bumper and frame to match up with the rest of the red paint. now you need to take it to the track and see what she run. i don't think you have problem pulling a low 12's or high 11's. what all you have under the hood anyway?

Old 05-10-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by nemesis
LOOKS GREAT! you should paint the plastic piece between the bumper and frame to match up with the rest of the red paint. now you need to take it to the track and see what she run. i don't think you have problem pulling a low 12's or high 11's. what all you have under the hood anyway?
Thanks man I was planning on getting the engine cover and the plastic piece your taking about done in flame like the hood but the artist didnt want to he said it wouldnt come out to his standard so thats why Black and red. Thanks for your help with the brakes to man wouldnt have gotten them on without you.
Stock motor but have a L67 in the basement ready to be built, TEP fully upgraded trans I'm in love with that transmission so many people say they've never been in an automatic car that shifts that hard and fast best purchase so far.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:40 PM
2009 Monte Of The Year

yeah dave of T3P does awesome job with his trans build. i had him tune mine to shift hard too he was like, are you that's what you want? i was like hell yeah lol. bet you have a lot of compliments of people asking how you got the c5 calipers to fit don't you? so this L67 motor you have what's the plan? you thinking of going cam and E85??? maybe?

Old 05-10-2012, 01:39 PM

It hasent been on the road yet other than my street weather is not cooperating last few days, so nobody really has seen the calipers but I know I'm going to get questions about them for sure. I have diff plans for the 2 motors we have 1 later down the road fully race built decked blue printed etc. But for now an over the counter build is what I'm going for. Diamond pistons, comp cam rollers, lifters, GM connecting rods (powder coated ones from 05 and up) get the crank dipped, springs, and some custom head work I've got an old school builder who will do that for me instaed of going ZZP and save $. I'm trying to figure out what cam I should get first before anything else that will determine the rest of the build so if you or anybody else has pointers about what Cam to go with let me know.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 AM
2009 Monte Of The Year

wow you really going into another level with the next build. thats really cool i like your idea with the build and not going to zzp and have them build the motor. im glad you not one of zzp nut swinger. last time i went to their web site i was like wtf whats the deal with these 4 cylinder cars in their home page cuz they were always been a huge vendor for the 3800. anyway im sure this new mechanic you have in mind probably do awesome work and no short cut cuz most old school mechanic are like that anyway.

if i were ever to do all over on cam again i would do a custom cam grind. i make it in between xp and xpz. from what i heard between the xp and xpz cam there's not a whole lot difference. xpz just have that deep lope sound over the xp. i had xp cam and think mine sound better than xpz cam lol.

Quick Reply: Pics first day out of hibernation