General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Performance Mods-04 LS

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Performance Mods-04 LS

Can you guys think of any performance mods for my 04 ls? any ideas would help, also any cheap things i can do to make it look better? you guys all have awesome looking cars so i thought i would look here first, thanks

Old 08-27-2009, 04:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Something not all that expensive that would make your car look even better would be a spoiler. Either the surfboard, or the pace car one would look good. But a spoiler adds that nice finishing toach to the rear of the car.

Dual exhaust would also looks nice, and because you would also change the mufflers while doing this, it would give you a little performace boost too.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

seach the forum a bit u may find some of the awncers your looking for

Old 08-27-2009, 09:41 PM

check out my photo album. ( 01-ON-AIR PICS ) my car is a 01' ls, and no you dont need a spoiler if you dont have one. personally they look better without one. let the natural curves of the car be seen.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member

well, before i even got the car, because i knew i was getting it, i actually looked into the spoilers, so im probably going to try to get one of those in the near future i just dont wanna drill the holes lol but i was gonna do exhaust, what kind of exhaust could i do thats pretty mellow but will still sound good? i had super 40 on my truck and it was good but being a car i want something a little more mellow but still good sound, any ideas?

Old 08-27-2009, 09:53 PM

no matter what these fools on here say, id go with borla cat back sounds nice and will last a lifetime.

just my experience. everybody says they got a buddy or had a shop custom bend some but...........

well just do what you want, if you like it what do i know

Old 08-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01-ON-AIR
no matter what these fools on here say, id go with borla cat back sounds nice and will last a lifetime.

just my experience. everybody says they got a buddy or had a shop custom bend some but...........

well just do what you want, if you like it what do i know
fools, hmm, it seems that a borla exhaust is a pretty expensive, fools! i like that??????

Old 08-27-2009, 10:26 PM

Borla CAT back exhaust is definitely the best sounding exhaust system for the Chevy V6. It's also the most expensive, expect to pay around $1,000 for it. It can give you up to 10 extra horsepower, but might reduce your low end torque a bit. Also, try getting a downpipe from zzperformance.com for your car, can add 5-7HP, and is a great supporting mod for when you increase airflow with other mods. A good CAI (cold air induction) can add 5-10HP. Tint your car, that will make it look better. The pacecar spoiler is the best looking, get that one. Some nice chrome tips if you go dual exhaust look good, and a hoodscoop from www.pfyc.com also looks real mean and muscle car like. Hope this helps.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member

other than borla catback what should i look for? lol and how does the downpipe work? is it an easy install without a lift and all? and i plan on going with the spoiler and some tinted windows, just need to get the cash in line

Old 08-27-2009, 11:05 PM

Go to www.zzperformance.com and go to the Grand Prix, then go to exhaust. Scroll all the way to the bottom to find the downpipe for your 3400 engine, it will tell you everything about how the downpipe works, helps, and you can read reviews of people who've installed it and how they like it. It's a good mod to have, helps your car sound better too. For the 3.4 I think Flowmasters sound pretty good. Look through youtube for soundclips of flows on your car, I think the whole Flowmaster exhaust system costs around $400-$500 vs $1,000 for Borla. Flowmaster can give you UP to 10HP, same as Borla, but it doesn't have Borla's million mile warranty, or the same sound. And when I get my downpipe I won't be installing it myself, I don't know enough about auto mechanics, although from the reviews I've read everyone else seems to be able to install a downpipe in their garage or driveway, should be easy with the proper jacks or ramps. And try getting the SS rims for the 04-05 Monte's, they look pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Performance Mods-04 LS