General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Parking brake bypass relay wiring ... HELP !....

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow Parking brake bypass relay wiring ... HELP !....

Hello guys.. I want to make it clear first...

I AM NOT mgood at electrical......

That being said, I have a question. I bought a Pioneer AVH3300BT double Din aftermarket stereo for my Monte.... I also bought a parking brake bypass and a small amp for my subs, just for a little added bass. I had the stereo installed by best buy (my son works there and he got a deal on the install) now I want to hook up the amp and the bypass switch. The bypass switch has 3 wires on it, a blue, Green and a black. Do I have to "Unhook" the wires that are currently connected to the parking brake switch ( that was done during the install) and wire the stereo wires to the bypass switch instead of the parking brake ? If so, what wire goes where from the head unit? The bypass is for a rear view camera that I'm installing.

Next, the amp is just a lil one, a MTX Rt202. I bought it from another member on the Monte Forum. I pretty much know how this is wired, but want to make sure that I'm doing it correctly. It has a terminal for the "remote on". Do I hook up the Blue/White wire from the head unit to this ? What gauge does it need to be to be safe ?( again, it's just a little amp ) then just hook up the positive/negative wires? What gauge should they be for a small amp?

I thank you in advance for any help I can get...

Attached Thumbnails Parking brake bypass relay wiring ... HELP !....-image.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 09-05-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: blow up pic 4 member's to see > HELP
Old 09-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

The parking brake wire needs to be routed through the relay so it grounds after the unit powers on. The video below is for a different model but explains how to install the relay. The remote on for the amp can be powered from the same wire as the relay for the parking brake.

Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD Bypass & AVH-P5200DVD Bypass - YouTube

Old 09-05-2013, 06:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
The parking brake wire needs to be routed through the relay so it grounds after the unit powers on. The video below is for a different model but explains how to install the relay. The remote on for the amp can be powered from the same wire as the relay for the parking brake.

Nice Video Mike!

MJ.. This was an easy to understand video!
Even an old fart like me could follow it.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE

Thanks ..ill check it out and give it a shot... Ill let you know if I burn the car down..lol... Thanks..mjclemm..

Old 09-06-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Nice Video Mike!

MJ.. This was an easy to understand video!
Even an old fart like me could follow it.
Lol.. I just may qualify as an old fart as well...lol... .... Just turned the big ole 50 and sure as hell feel it.... I'm gonna give er a go and see what happened..worst case is I catch it on fire and then the insurance money I've been paying for 35 years will FINALLY pay off...lol.. thanks...mjclemm...