General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

painted on pinstriping

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:32 AM
Default painted on pinstriping

Anyone know of someone in Indiana or close by that does painted on pinstriping? I'd like to have mine done but want it painted on instead of the nasty cheap 'tape' put on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: painted on pinstriping

its very rare you find someone that can actually do it anymore...i know a guy up here that does it...but he does the vinyl stuff too...but i've seen some of his work from 20 years ago and he was awesome!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:34 AM

J C Whitney used to sell the kit to paint them on, dont know if they still do

Old 05-29-2007, 10:46 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: cain45

Anyone know of someone in Indiana or close by that does painted on pinstriping? I'd like to have mine done but want it painted on instead of the nasty cheap 'tape' put on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[/align][align=center]Hi James, check out the below link or check with your[/align][align=center]local custom bike shops. Most custombike shops in my area[/align][align=center]have some super artist that do hand painted pinstriping or[/align][align=center]check out your local custom auto shops in your area.[/align][align=center]Good Luck & Post some pic's of your Awesome LTZ : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below link [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.atlanticpinstriping.com/[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Once connected, click on contact & email them to see[/align][align=center]if they have a franchise in your area.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member

you have to have a very steady hand to paint those on yourselves..i wouldn't be able to do it..lol...it would look like a heartbeat line after i painted it..lol

Old 05-29-2007, 12:48 PM

Yea I plan to go to car shows this summer because I know alot of pinstriping experts hang out at them. Maybe I can find someone.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member

what kind of pinstriping are you planning on getting done??

its a dieing art...not many people really want it anymore...i dont sell very much of it here...maybe a roll every couple months....but thats the vinyl stuff...most people dont do the paint on ones anymore...

you could go see chip foose or something! lol or boyd cottington! lol they'll do a good job

Old 05-29-2007, 04:11 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We know a great guy that comes right to your house! He did my fiances 72 Monte Carlo and his 06 Mini Cooper. He does outstanding work

Old 05-29-2007, 08:13 PM

man it is very rare to find someone that has a steardy enough hand to do it on something as big as a car where as with a bike you can do it in sections.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:44 AM

Hey Awesome are you going to drop a name or just tell me that you know someone? LOL

Quick Reply: painted on pinstriping