General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Paint your brake caliper

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 02:19 AM
Default Paint your brake caliper

I know this has been talk about before, but heaven help me I can't find any previous post.

I want to know how you guys do it. Or if you can find a link toa previous topic. Thanks.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:50 AM
Default RE: Paint your brake caliper

Why would you want to? It's not a tuner car civic.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

a lot of people do them...even on some of the older cars, looks great and cleans it up...i love the look of red calipers on a black car

what year is your monte?

Old 03-28-2007, 12:58 PM

Also people paint them if they have rims. because it becomes so open around them and you can see straight through them.

I am going to be painting my calipers some time soon because i just got some new cross drilled and sloted rotors and no they are not for performance they are for the car show season that it starting

I just went and bought the 15$ kit at advanced because one of my friends did the same and the paint has stayed on for over 2 years now. Also when you do paint them just make sure you clean every theig really good so the paint sticks to them.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member

or if the car is like 5 years old or so you can invest in a new pair of calipers..so that way they're are 100% clean and they'll work for another long while...thats why i asked the year...it may be worth while to buy a new pair they're not very expensive

Old 03-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

or if the car is like 5 years old or so you can invest in a new pair of calipers..so that way they're are 100% clean and they'll work for another long while...thats why i asked the year...it may be worth while to buy a new pair they're not very expensive
or **cough** F-body upgrade**cough**

btw here are mine

Old 03-28-2007, 02:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

a lot of people do them...even on some of the older cars, looks great and cleans it up...i love the look of red calipers on a black car

what year is your monte?
Super Duper Red Glossy Calipers look awesome. On older Chevy's, GM Engine Orange looks awesome on calipers.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

GM Engine Orange looks awesome on calipers.

yah thats what i was thinking too...orange might look good on mine...because of the orange stripe thats what i've been debating for mine anyway

just next time i do the brakes i will probably do this

Old 03-28-2007, 04:58 PM

i painted mine for the showes etc... but i have had alot of complaments on it due to them beign painted. makes them look more finishd. And i dont have atunner car
and get this i have stock rims under it also LOL

but to do it you can get the kits to do this at almost any parts store in the world now i think LOL
but they are not to bad less then20.00 most of the time. Also get a good wire brush,
wire brush them off real good, then use the spray cleaner in the kit.
mix the paint and the hardner togeather in somthign you dont want to keep. Then start painting. get them as smoth as ya can.
I did all 4 at the same time on my car with it on jack stands.
this way i could go put one coat on it all the way around and by the time i got back to the start i could get a second coat on it also.

ALSO
make sure that if you want to paint anything else to have it preped also.
I did my altinator brackets on mine and they turned out well. and also did the Alt. its self with just what i had left over.
Mine still look great after two years of rain,snow,dirt,and ice. etc.... So I highly recomend it. even if you dont like the diffrent colors then get the black and paint them black . It will help the calipers not rust and look like crap later on.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:59 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I did the fronts on my '86 LS. This was in 2003 just before the '03 Monte Nats. I wanted to get a little cleaner look for the event.

I used Rustoleum in a silver color to immitate new calipers.

Quick Reply: Paint your brake caliper