General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Info: Original

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Default Original

I have an original 78 MC Landau with the original 305 in it. Im looking for a 350 in Seattle but all of the ones I found are fuel injected.. would that be a good swap from carb to fuel injected... The goal is to keep it as close to original as possible....

Old 10-17-2017, 08:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Without knowing your budget, I can tell you one thing I have seen many times in my area (NC) to be exact. GM sells a 350ci crate engine part # 10067353 if my memory serves me correct. (I also worked at chevy dealer for many moons) This is a engine designed for carb applications. I saw and installed dozens of these things in the early and mid 80s silverados that had the 305 originally. You just put your intake/carb on it, and other bolt accessories. I cant recall if it came with valve covers or timing cover, if not just clean up yours. I think the oil pan comes on it. I think out of the crate they rated this 350 at about 200hp, with a few simple mods of course that can be easily outdone. The thing is at least in my area you can buy this engine new for like $1300. And you cant rebuild one at most places now a days for that plus a 3year warranty.
Just an option, that's not to pricey and sounds like the direction you may consider.