General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

opinions needed for some work

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Default opinions needed for some work

heres my deal. i had a extensive shopping list for my car up until recently when i picked up a project car. the good news is i still got some work to do on the monte. it needs brakes and a repaint on them to. then also the downpipe and eletric cut out.

so heres my thoughts were i need help. im going with slotted and drilled rotors. which ones i dont know.

so what slotted and drilled rotors have been used and are recomendedby you or some one you know? (please post links for purchase with your ideas)

then with the repaint on the calipers. right now they are red. they were painted by the previous owner and were brushed. yes prushed. i am going to give them a laquer bath and completely remove all of the red. then ill prep it with 1000 grit paper and then paint it right. i was thinking black and blue pearl on the calipers and then polishing the brackets.

what are your thoughts?

please help me out here im hard at making decisions on my own.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Default RE: opinions needed for some work

i guess nobody wants to help me out. i see how it is

Old 03-01-2009, 07:10 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Id go with black calipers and a pearl SS on them.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

R1 Concept rotors. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

http://store.r1concepts.com/store/se...&submit=Search

I will be painting mine black when the time comes, so I am biased. I would go with black or silver. Depending if you want them to stand out. Black would be easy to keep clean.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:24 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here is what I tend to hear from people who want to go drilled & slotted rotors on their street car.

"You don't need drilled rotors on a street car."

Slotted is fine as it still works to remove gases made when you brake.

But the drilled rotors on the street tend to warp sooner versus non-drilled/slotted rotors.

As for the mounting brackets. I for one would paint them. If you really want something to look good powder coat would be a nice touch. And would last pretty much forever. But the down side is cost of having them done.

If you just clean or say wire brush the brackets they will look like YUCK all too soon after all the hard work you put in to them.

Another thing you could do would be clean the brackets then use a high temp clear on them. That way you're protecting the cleaned surface from the elements.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Porterfield Brake pads I have the RS-4 pads there are amazing like no brake dust perform close to racing pads and quiet and smooth. They dont have there year of our montes 00-07 but if you talk to them they will make them and ship out same day or next highly recomend

Old 03-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Photobucket

G2 Caliper Paint

Great product. I used it on my Stratus. Lasted as long as I had it. About 2-3 years.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:50 PM

the r1 rotors i did check they sound decent. i dotn really ever break heavy so im going for looks. but i do know what paint im useing. i have access to standox paints and shop so it will all be done differently than what you guys might do. everything is coming off the car. then soaking in a laquerbath and scrubed clean of all old paint(from the previous owner)

enzo: i would love to do that but the brother had already done that. so i dont want two cars with the same ideas on em. (he already stole my hood)

has anyone heard of discitalia? http://www.brakeworld.com/catalog.as...ms&catid=1

Old 03-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Photobucket

Never heard of them, but they look damn expensive. I would not spend that much personally.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:04 PM

i live buy the rule you get what you pay for. you know how the r1s rust?

Quick Reply: opinions needed for some work