General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: Do you like it ?
I like it
11.11%
I don't
38.89%
Interesting
50.00%
I've always wanted a Rolls-Monte
0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

> It was once a 1976 Monte Carlo <

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow > It was once a 1976 Monte Carlo <

Hi Member's,
I thought a few member's might enjoy the below article on what someone did to a Monte Carlo Post your comments...

<Price: $12,500
Hi! I'm Charlie Wolters. I bought this car in 2005, restored it, took these pictures, and sold it in 2007.
The car is presently owned by Dr. Bill Stiles. Bill is now interested in selling.
If you are interested in owning this very rare classic car,
please contact Bill at Drbstiles@aol.com.

Click Thumbnails below to enlarge.

The car above has a very typical Custom Cloud history.

The Custom Cloud Story

Click above link to read the history of this vehicle + more

Last edited by Space; 07-13-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:49 AM

Old 10-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

I like it. I wouldn't buy it though. I also like Neoclassics like Zimmers.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Barovelli
I like it. I wouldn't buy it though. I also like Neoclassics like Zimmers.

Thanks `Barovelli,
I now know about the Zimmer

The Zimmer Golden Spirit is the pinnacle of driving pleasure.
Zimmer Motor Cars

51 Eaton Street

Hamilton, NY 13346

E-mail Zimmer

© 2012 Zimmer Motor Cars

• WHY DRIVE A NEO-CLASSIC MOTOR CAR?
When looking at a 1920s or '30s classic Duesenberg, most people just love the design and style. Their mind is filled with visions of grace, grandeur and the Great Gatsby. They say, "What fun it would be to own and drive a motor car like that." Unfortunately, the realities of owning and driving a classic or antique motor car eliminate most people from ever bothering to purchase one.
The cost factor is not really the major deterrent. Although very rare classic motor cars can cost several millions of dollars, you can find nice classics in the $70,000 to $150,000 price range. But for most people, classic cars are still totally impractical. The lack of readily available parts and service is a major drawback. The lack of modern safety equipment is another problem. And let's face it, the old classics are not very comfortable to drive or ride in. Thus was born the neo-classic motor car (neo=new), the best of the old and the new together in one grand motor car: a match made in heaven.A classic car you can enjoy driving not just looking at.
The new ZIMMER® Golden Spirit is the finest neo-classic motor car ever manufactured. The exterior design is pure classic grandeur right out of the Great Gatsby era, handmade to the highest quality possible.
Underneath, it is all a brand new, modern Ford/Mustang (2 door model) or Lincoln Town Car (4 door model). You can drive into any Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealer and get full service, Ford parts and warranty work. It has all the latest safety and modern engineering features available. It's a joy to drive.
So, if you are ready for a motor car that is distinctive, that sets you apart from the "pack," that says, "I've arrived," that looks classic but is new and comfortable, a ZIMMER® Golden Spirit is for you. If you are a little tired of paying $75,000 to $150,000 for a car you can't find in a lot full of Fords and Chevies, then a ZIMMER® Golden Spirit is for you.

To view a collection of photos of recently manufactured Zimmers, click below, or cut and paste into your browser:Untitled Document
For photos of Zimmers in various stages of the manufacturing process, visit Sam's Auto Body website:syracuseisuzutrucks.com

Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

He did a good job. But it's kinda ugly. I wouldn't consider this a "collector's car" by any means. But there is a lot of worse chopped cars out there

Old 10-10-2012, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
He did a good job. But it's kinda ugly. I wouldn't consider this a "collector's car" by any means. But there is a lot of worse chopped cars out there

Hi `Brent, it's great 2 C U online...It may not be a collector car 2 U, but for some it is ? I must admit it is different/unique and there seem to be many that like rides that are different.

Isn't it great that everyone has so many choices in their forms of transportation I think it all depends on what a person is smok'in or drink'in ? "Beauty can be in the eyes of the Beer Holders" Sometimes, many times, Maybe

I keep learning all kinds of `stuff on the MCF & on my crazy `journey of life
Peace/Happiness 2 U & readers,

Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

Thanks `Barovelli,
I now know about the Zimmer
As something to rent for a special occasion, Zimmers and those replica Ford Model As or even the Monte turned into a Custom Cloud has a novelty appeal. But for me, no desire to own.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Not to my liking ..

Old 10-10-2012, 08:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Very unique. As easy as it would be to call it ugly, I won't. Looks to me like a lot of work went into that. I doubt that there's another car on the road exactly like it, and that is the kind of car in which I can show the most appreciation for

Old 10-11-2012, 04:06 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm sorry, but I don't like that car every time I see it. It's an attempt to make a cheaper car into a clone of a certain high end luxury car.

Quick Reply: > It was once a 1976 Monte Carlo <