General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Old Man Rick is Wrenching Again! Feels good!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Old Man Rick is Wrenching Again! Feels good!

Got the tools and the willpower and since I fell in love with this Monte ... I'm wrenchin' again. That Air Filter was a nightmare. It shouldn't ba all that hard to install an Air Filter. Tonight, I'm going to replace the Cabin Air Filter ... I'm typin' as my wife is heading home with the Chevy! I already told her I might be inn the garage for awhile, tonight. I have the Plugs and now I have the ambition to get-with-it and change the Plugs. So what it its a squeeze. Once I do 'em I can forget about them for awhile!

I don't know how I'm going to do the Gas Filter. I might have to farm that out. I can't possibly work inside and get gas on the garage floor. I'll burn the place down. The only heat in the garage is Kerosene heaters. If gas fumes snuck over to those Kerosene heaters ... Boom! No Rick, no Monte and no house.

I have WeatherTech Floor Mats to throe in the front. I'm "Pimpin'" and cleaning EVERYTHING! If you haven't got any stock ... buy a few shares of "Armoral"

I can't wait for this Winter to end for some "Window's Down - Radio Blastin' Crusing to visit nobody in particular"

Old 12-17-2007, 06:16 PM
rj
15 Year Member
Default RE: Old Man Rick is Wrenching Again! Feels good!

You know we need pics.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member

I got the Cabin Filter in ... thanks guys!

Did the front 3 Plugs ... too!

From the looks of the Plugs coming out ... it needs the new Plugs ... but, the Plug Color looks like a Poster for "On-the-Money" ... a nice tan.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member

I have a brand new Cabin Filter ... thank you very much! Didn't break or lose any of the clips nor crack the windshield ... so, I'm still ahead of the game. The Spark Plug Boots did not want to come off. I thought that somebody was messing with me and KrazyGlued them suckers on there. Only wrecked one of the first three I did before dinner. I was psyched to start the three on the back side ... used the Handy-Dandy Mini-fluorescent Work Light on sale at Craftsman/K-Mart I charged to the Old Lady's Master Charge to get a look behind there.
I couldn't even see the Spark Plug Boots. Bit, I know they're down inn there. Just a matter of time now. So, I'm doing OK for a 60 Year Old Bald Guy with a cool car once again. I remember replacing the Plugs on my Old Camaro ... Short Block with both sides easy to reach. This transverse mount has GOT to have an easire way to service those Spark Plugs. I had to fabricate a Boot Pulling Tool. Did it. Threaded Rod heated and bent to a right angle and then screwed into a file handle. Worked like a CHARM. The Plugs seemed like they were welded inn the Head. Needed a Breaker Bar and touch of Impact from a hammer handle to break them loose. Bathed the three I did, in front, with Permatex AntiSeize Lube.
Nothing Ventured ... Nothing Gained. So far, my out-of-pocket is for the Parts, Light and Manual. I imagine its going to cost me a few bucks for a Tranny Filter and Total Tranny Flush.
I have a Cupon for the Service at AAMCO ... I might have to bite the buller and go that route. I'm having a good time playing with the Monte ... Dudes and Dude-esses ... so, give an Old Man a break and start thinking about what I'm going to do ... and HOW ... to fill those tow voids on the lower corners of my front bumper. Those darn louver spacers look like a pair of cold sores on the lips of a super model. They HAVE to go! And, I MUST fill the spaces with Oval Driving Lights ... the questions tonight are: How and How much?