General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

ok, i messed up my 2003 monte ss radio!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ok, i messed up my 2003 monte ss radio!

what a nightmare. Ive been installing stereos for years but since this was a newer type of radio (all the bells and whistles) i decided to let the "experts" do it. well, they messed up. they left the factory amp, wired right into it. i had to rewire everything. they did not put in a kit so I am missing many features that i read on here that i would lose. I lost, what i know of:

1. headlights "on" chime.
2. cruise control
3. door open "chime"

so, I ordered a new wiring harness and im going to try to reconnect the old radio. my question to anyone is.....

what wires do i reconnect to get the radio working without interfering with the wires my current radio is using? thanks!!

Old 05-06-2016, 01:09 PM

Hi `Kenny,
Sorry I can't help, but I hope one of our member's can (?)

Will your expert installer's provide you with a wiring diagram ?

Do you know if your kit comes with one ?

Did your experts say they would fix their mistake ? or are they still in the hospital ?

Good Luck & I hope someone can help

Old 05-07-2016, 08:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I have done some sound systems as well,
if you can't find the wiring diagram and still have old stereo get it as far back to stock as possible from there you can compare to new harness .... I had a vehicle I bought used and found out someone took out the part that controls the stay on untill door open, in that rig that also controlled many of the bells/dings
It wasn't my Monte so I didn't replace that part.

Last edited by shawn parker; 05-07-2016 at 08:37 PM.