General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Oil Leak Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 06:22 AM
1 Year Member
Default Oil Leak Help

My 2007 Monte sat covered in the garage all winter. I moved it out of the garage the other day and saw a small puddle of engine oil forward between the radiator & engine dead center of the car on the floor.

I crawled underneath the car & for the life of me I couldn't see where it would be coming from.

The car was started a few times over the winter and never moved. So I don't know if the leak is only when running or sitting.

Your help would be appreciated :-)

Old 04-05-2018, 09:55 AM

Well, you have a ss with the 5.3? I know that the 3.5 and 3.9 V6s have issues with the oil filter adapter gasket. It looks like its leaking from a loose oil filter, but really its the gasket thats between the block and the part you put the oil filter on. That is really the only leak I could see it coming from the front of the engine if its not a topend gasket leaking. Oil pan too obviously. I changed three oil filter adapter gaskets on 2 G6 and one Impala.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:31 AM
1 Year Member

Yes I have the 5.3. Thank you for the help. I will look in to the filter location this weekend. I will post back my findings & solution.

Thank You

Old 04-05-2018, 07:15 PM

I had the eact same problem that bigmo421 referenced with my 2006 Monte 3.5L. The gasket where the oil filter mounts went bad. I wasn't too bad to have fixed by a local mechanic. Be sure to replace the oil pressure sensor when/if you get it done. It only costs another $20.00.
Good Luck,
Rcgray48 (Bob)