General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Nothing after U-Bend

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
No different than using an electric cutout.
True but they press a button and within seconds its open. I have to jack up the car and unbolt the flange and prop up the dp which takes about 5 minutes . I really am fast switching it back and forth now and can do it very quickly. Finally uploaded the videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTO6k__Eajo (In an empty parking lot)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyOI02rUSU8 (Driving down the street)

Old 09-11-2011, 08:46 PM

man that is loud but i say the louder the better! . lovin the car by the way!

Old 09-11-2011, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Boxman420
man that is loud but i say the louder the better! . lovin the car by the way!
I agree that louder is better I just wish I could get the police to agree to that also lol. Thanks!

Old 09-11-2011, 09:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

sounds good man sounds wayy better in person huh :p

Old 09-11-2011, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03limitedss
sounds good man sounds wayy better in person huh :p
Thanks. Definately does sound better in person lol. Unfortunately I pass through "cop country" when I go to work Mon-Thurs so I only unbolt it on Fri-Sun. Its hard passing "cop country" with no mufflers so I know ill get pulled over for how loud no exhaust after DP will be lol. A NIC cam would make it sounds REAL nice with the old school popping sound. Thats what im trying to save up for, hopefully the turnaround at work will start soon so I can be rich again lol

Old 09-11-2011, 10:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by DRuben
Thanks. Definately does sound better in person lol. Unfortunately I pass through "cop country" when I go to work Mon-Thurs so I only unbolt it on Fri-Sun. Its hard passing "cop country" with no mufflers so I know ill get pulled over for how loud no exhaust after DP will be lol. A NIC cam would make it sounds REAL nice with the old school popping sound. Thats what im trying to save up for, hopefully the turnaround at work will start soon so I can be rich again lol
:p that must suck man! mine is still kind loud so every time i see a cop i let off the throttle and cruise by em

Old 09-11-2011, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03limitedss
:p that must suck man! mine is still kind loud so every time i see a cop i let off the throttle and cruise by em
I do the same exact thing lol

Old 09-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not a fan of the v6 sound but if you like it that's what matters!

Drove mine like that for a while but sounded a bit meaner beign a v8 got pulled over once on my lunch break comming back from the parts store from gettin a cherry bomb, cop said if he catches me with out it on he'll ticket me, threw it on the end of the down pipe after work stoped at the gas station and the same cop pulls in next to me rolls down the window and says sounds good and leaves

Old 09-12-2011, 02:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

I used to run a Purple Horny glasspack to a turn down dump right after the DP(3" catless RT) just like this one.

It was LOUUUUUUUUD so loud I had to go from 1 12" sub to 2 just to hear the radio. Anyway I got rid of that and opted for beefing up the motor instead. I'm pretty sure mine is just as loud as yours with a full exhaust setup(Res, and 2 mufflers). Be careful running that way all the time you'll burn up your exhaust valves. Other than that, sounds pretty good.

Last edited by PacerSS; 09-12-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by PacerSS
I used to run a Purple Horny glasspack to a turn down dump right after the DP(3" catless RT) just like this one.

It was LOUUUUUUUUD so loud I had to go from 1 12" sub to 2 just to hear the radio. Anyway I got rid of that and opted for beefing up the motor instead. I'm pretty sure mine is just as loud as yours with a full exhaust setup(Res, and 2 mufflers). Be careful running that way all the time you'll burn up your exhaust valves. Other than that, sounds pretty good.
Wow what a name for a glasspack lol. Yea I tend to only do it on Friday and Saturday when im off and I barely drive. I turn my music and radio all the way down just to hear it more lol

Quick Reply: Nothing after U-Bend