General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

not another sc vs tc thread!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Default RE: not another sc vs tc thread!!!!!

thanks i will look into it

Old 02-21-2008, 01:50 PM

I X? (whatever the number is) the turbo.

I would avoid Cartuning though because Kevin can be a real ***** from what I've read. I would go with the ZZP turbo. ZZP's website doesn't look as nice but they have better support.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:48 PM

can you post the link to find it?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:40 PM

actually cartuning is bad ***. they offered to install my kit at no extra charge if i brought them the car. but then i backed out and got a 06 monte

Old 02-21-2008, 09:48 PM

They are not badass.I know a few members on another other boards who had issues after they bought the kit...and guess what? No support. One said, “after they get your money, it’s a different story”..

They think leaving the IAT sensor hanging in the engine bay is satisfactory. They also had some tuning bugs that I’m not sure they fixed. I would go with ZZP.

You should know that, if your the same kiss as on 2kmc.

https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...&catid=109

Old 02-22-2008, 02:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Mac7504

They are not badass.I know a few members on another other boards who had issues after they bought the kit...and guess what? No support. One said, “after they get your money, it’s a different story”..

They think leaving the IAT sensor hanging in the engine bay is satisfactory. They also had some tuning bugs that I’m not sure they fixed. I would go with ZZP.

You should know that, if your the same kiss as on 2kmc.

https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...&catid=109
This is pretty much the same thing I've heard.

Kevin does have a fancy website at Cartuning though...

Old 02-22-2008, 07:24 AM

actually cartuning is bad ***. they offered to install my kit at no extra charge if i brought them the car. but then i backed out and got a 06 monte
I disagree as well. ZZP has teamed up with Matt Stattama to make one of the most kick *** turbo setups that are out there to date... They also have a standard turbo setup that is very affordable, but very worth it. Stick to a company that will be able to help you from start to finish... Zoomer's company isn't going anywhere anytime soon... and they always are there when you need help... not to mention FRIENDLY customer support.

And just out of curiousity kissmyss07, what was your 60 foot time, as well as your 1/8 mile time for your run in your sig that you state you run a 13.6? Any mods?

Old 02-22-2008, 02:50 PM

thanks guys looked at the zzp tc and it seems like it is wayyyyy more powerfull and a better product all around

Old 02-22-2008, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

I disagree as well. ZZP has teamed up with Matt Stattama to make one of the most kick *** turbo setups that are out there to date... They also have a standard turbo setup that is very affordable, but very worth it. Stick to a company that will be able to help you from start to finish... Zoomer's company isn't going anywhere anytime soon... and they always are there when you need help... not to mention FRIENDLY customer support.

And just out of curiousity kissmyss07, what was your 60 foot time, as well as your 1/8 mile time for your run in your sig that you state you run a 13.6? Any mods?

60 ft 2.28
1/8 mile 9.015

mods were cold air intake, mufflers, tune, shift kit

the trans am i beat on that run had

60 ft 2.051
1/8 mile 9.014
1/4 mile 13.84 @ 100.95

Old 02-22-2008, 10:48 PM

Awesome time... throw some slicks on that bitch, and you'll see a 13.3... =)

Quick Reply: not another sc vs tc thread!!!!!