General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

No More Monte Carlo - EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default No More Monte Carlo - EVER!

We had the Big Guns from GM in Today for a meet and greet (New Owners) type of thing and one of the sales guys (trying to get me going), asks, "Hey, Our Finance Manager thinks GM is coming out with a new Monte in a few years, is that true?" GM Exec, "There will be no more Monte Carlos in GM's future." Salesman, "What about a Chevelle?" GM Exec, "NO... Yes there will be a Camaro, andmaybe, just maybe a 4-Dr version of the Camaro that might get the badging of a SS Impala, but No Monte Carlo and No Chevelle. The Uht may also make an appearance, but that is it."

Old 12-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Default RE: No More Monte Carlo - EVER!

ah!!!!!!!!!!!! oh man...not happy bout that

Old 12-12-2007, 04:52 PM

bah. someone will change their mind anyway. the only thing that is consistent in the car sales buisness is change.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:08 PM

Hi Craig, I hope that the GM Big Guns are wrong [X(][:@]
I hope that with GM & Holden hooking `up, that they may
come up with a Zeta Platform for a Monte Carlo in
the future...I know "2 dare 2 dream" : )
`If, they think there will be a market, they will build.
If there product is a good one, they will sell.
Let us pray....`amen

Old 12-12-2007, 05:11 PM

well i am pissed they dont want to make a new monte but they are going to waist there time with a new camaro well i guess i have to say it GM sucks man !!

Old 12-12-2007, 05:25 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i'd rather they didn't make a monte than make some kind of crap and label it a Monte.... think about it, woudl you like them to take their new 4 door something and throw a Monte Carlo tag on it to shut us up? i wouldn't.... if they aren't goign to do something to the tradition of the Monte Carlo name plate.... don't even worry about it.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:13 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Duane has a point. I'd prefer they didn't dishonor the Monte Carlo name like that either. But some feel this has already happened when the Monte became FWD.

Time will tell I guess what happens with the Monte. (or not)

Old 12-12-2007, 06:26 PM

I agree, don't bring out something, OH like the Holden and throw a GTO badge on it and hope it works. This is exactly why the new GTO didn't go over. Even when they gave it a 6.0 liter sales didn't improve. If they can't make a new, better, improved Monte Carlo then leave it dead. At least we have the memories and the beautiful examples of them on this forum.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:45 AM

Gotta wonder what the GM exec was smoking before he got there. They WILL make a new Monte Carlo when their latest Holden product doesn't sell well enough, either. Ford said there wouldn't be another Taurus, but they changed their minds when the 500, (which looks like crap, IMHO) wasn't selling. Something else they may want to consider, is the car made here? Or at least in Canada?
What are those suits up there in the glass offices doing? Don't they realize this is exactly why GM's market share has fallen so dramatically in the last 20 years? Lack of new product, bringing products out with teaser equipment (no big engines, better suspensions, etc, until 3 or 4 years into the product line), not producing enough vehicles at introduction and jacking the price up.Keeping the same old same old way of thinking IS NOT WORKING!
I think the GTO is probably a very nice car, I just think they looked too much like a Grand Am or Grand Prix, that's why they didn't sell more of them.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:10 AM

What a 4 door camaro .... am I the only one thinking GM has been smoking just a little too much crack ...

No more monte carlo? wow ...

Quick Reply: No More Monte Carlo - EVER!