General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

No longer for just Dodge :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Default No longer for just Dodge :)

Well, I guess I don't have the sound yet but today I ordered the dukes of hazzard horn. I know, it's not a Mopar but I thought it'd be a fun little addition. Considering the fact that there are many country roads with cotton on both sides I figured it'd be kinda funny to hear me coming down those roads As soon as I get it installed when it comes in i'll post a video.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I used to have that as a ring tone. I have a friend that is a true "Redneck". LOL

Old 09-10-2009, 08:23 PM

Lol, I got a real "Redneck" friend as well as he had it on his Dodge Ram (the one that ran me over lol). Now he put it on his dad's Tacoma because he is ordering that damn train horn from hornblasters.com lol. This should be funny, maybe when he gets the install I can record people's reaction when he hits it

Old 09-10-2009, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
I used to have that as a ring tone. I have a friend that is a true "Redneck". LOL
Don't we all?

Old 09-10-2009, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by 1FastMonteCarloLT
Lol, I got a real "Redneck" friend as well as he had it on his Dodge Ram (the one that ran me over lol). Now he put it on his dad's Tacoma because he is ordering that damn train horn from hornblasters.com lol. This should be funny, maybe when he gets the install I can record people's reaction when he hits it
you should go one step up, some hank III sound bites.. that would out redneck him!

Old 09-10-2009, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by 03Monte
you should go one step up, some hank III sound bites.. that would out redneck him!
HAHA That'd be great. BTW 03Monte, your 2-tone black and silver interior piece look great, wonder if I could do that to mine....and by wonder I mean do I have the time...

Old 09-10-2009, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by 1FastMonteCarloLT
HAHA That'd be great. BTW 03Monte, your 2-tone black and silver interior piece look great, wonder if I could do that to mine....and by wonder I mean do I have the time...
Thanks man, it's really not that hard...you dont have to sand at all (unless you want that ricer look).

Check this video out, they use FB/TA parts, but it's the same plastics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mMYl2sW0Zw

Old 09-10-2009, 08:47 PM

Where did you pick up the can of color at?

Old 09-10-2009, 08:50 PM

I bought mine at a local Car paint store, but you can order it online.

one thing that the guy in the video didn't do, is use an adhesion promoter BEFORE the dye... you don't have to , but it does help with chipping.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:52 PM

I used SEM products, i know VHT, and duplicolor makes a similar product, but i read mixed reviews on them, and nothing bad on SEM...so SEM it was!

Quick Reply: No longer for just Dodge :)