General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

No Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default No Insurance

well looks like in screwed with my monte the guy that hit melast tuesday had let his policy lapse for 5 days go figure 5 days so they said they arnt going to cover the accident now i cant drive my car and i cant afford to make the deductable on my insurance to repair my car
so there is no telling when i will be getting my car back on the road again just my luck i guess leave me to get hit by someone with no insurance

Old 07-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Default RE: No Insurance

Oh man. That sux.....

I trust your going to sue his azz......

If you find the right body shop, some will work with you to limit your out of pocket impact or finance the deductable.

What is your deductable?

Old 07-24-2006, 11:23 PM

my deductable is 1000 dollars somthing i cant afford at this time

Old 07-25-2006, 03:34 AM

ouch!! fryggin' bostarrdz!!

Old 07-25-2006, 11:11 AM

how much damage was doen to the car and where did you get hit?

also a pic might help.

can you do any work on it your self? depending on where you were hit an dhow bad it might be something they would just bolt on new parts. if this is the case then got to keystone auto parts in your area (do a serch for them) they have them all over the states.
they are a body shop supply house they sell the car parts and the paint there and everythign you would need to do the car your self and they are cheaper then the dealer for parts.
I replaced the whole front end on the wifes van three years ago after she rear ended a guy. it cost a toatl of 3000.00 they estamated it at 7000.00 going threw the dealer with thier pricing etc...
So i had them take thier dedutabe out of it and went and bought the parts spent the weekend replacing the front end on her car and got with a local body shop and paid to have it painted total cost of the rebuild was 5000.00 so i was abel to put almost 1500.00 in my pocket for the labor.

you have to remeber when they do this they add labor cost in to it also and most shops will charge a high rate for it and the ins. co. will pay it knowing that your not going to do the work. but if you can do the work it is cheaper on you as your not paying ther high rate for the labor.
Just make sure it is not somethign that the front end was bent etc..
to do this have the car checked.
but with out knowing any details of the wreck or seeing any photos i cant help you to much from Germany LOL

But depending on where your at might be abel to help you get it at least drivabel again.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:13 AM

one more thing find the most cooked ambulance chaser you can find and have him go after this fool they can put a lean on his house,cars, and ton of other things to make sure you get paid from him. so get a good one that will be willing to fight it out in court if needed. but i would find the one that is willing to screw the hell out of him over this deal .

Good luck!!

Old 07-25-2006, 11:28 AM

well when he hit me hw totaled my rear bumper the lower air dam impact bar energy absorber bent both of my rear quarter panels and pushed the trunk floor up twords the lid about 6 inches i dont think that i can fix it my self and my exhuast was about 2 feeet from the rear of my car afterwords the estimate is hitting almost 6000 now for repairs not including medical bill that i now have lost time from work and the doctor wont relese me to go back to work for another 2 weeks

Old 07-25-2006, 11:33 AM

yeah ouch!! that SUX , Sorry to hear it.
was hoping it was a fender bender type thing.

sorry bud.

but the good news is they can fix them. we had a guy here do that same thing to a SRT-4 the kid refused to allow them to total out the car amd made them fix it. it is now done and you would never know it was ever hit by anything. just took them almost 3 months to do it.

they have to pull the rear end back out on those and that takes forever to get it done and straight again.

you can bet he is a happy camper right now thinking he is not going to have to pay for it an dyou.
but agian i would find me a good lawyer one that stands sideways while standing straight up and have him go after this fool.

good luck and keep us posted. on it

Old 08-09-2006, 01:06 PM

hey make sure it goes on the record that the accident was HIS fault, not yours. insurance companies are notorious for screwing you over like that.

my advice is that you sue the guy. but if you can't afford even the deductable I don't know...

Old 09-20-2006, 05:08 PM

Do you have full coverage insurance on your monte? Do you have uninsured/underinsured on your car? If so, your insurance will pay for it and then go after him with what's called subrogation.

Quick Reply: No Insurance