General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New Xenon Kit!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 01:18 AM
Default New Xenon Kit!

Hey everyone, I just got my car back from the body shop. I got my new Xenon kit painted and installed, and here are the pics!

The obligitory "before" picture...

And...

AFTER!

A little bonus, my new license plate frame.

A pretty awesome Impala that was originaly Emerald Green. The Impala logo on the door was painted by hand.

Enjoy...I sure know I do!

Old 03-25-2006, 04:07 AM
Default RE: New Xenon Kit!

looks nice...

i def. like the side skirts and the rear but im not quite sure of the front... not to knock on your car.. it does look alot better then a plain monte.

Old 03-25-2006, 05:32 AM

The front is actually only about 75% done. I didn't have the $$$ to do it right now but when I do I will have the "insert" on the front painted black. A little help from Photoshop...

Old 03-25-2006, 02:29 PM

oh ok so it will look alot better? cant wait to see it.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:57 PM

I don't like it, but let me explain.

I'm not a big bodykit fan, first off, but if it fits right and accentuates the lines of the car instead of redefining the lines then I'm alright with them. That kit, although unique and decently clean looking, doesn't fit clean enough for me. It reminds me of back in high school when the fat kid was too embarrassed to dress for gym class, so he'd throw on his sweats over his jeans and think he could get away with it. That kit looks just as bulky as a fat kids sweats when he's got jeans on underneath. If they could clean up the seams/overlays it would be a badass kit but the added "lip" it gives the car is unattractive as it adds bulk to a car that needs no more girth.

Old 04-06-2006, 04:11 PM

I get a kick how people have to knock stuff. The great thing about cars is they are a great way to express yourself. I think it's a good looking kit. Though I prefer my factory kit that doesn't make it any better, just different. What fun would it be if our Montes all looked the same. I'd bet a set of the Camaro rectangle tips would look cool with that kit. Good job and post some more pics when you get the front end done.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: 01pacecar

I get a kick how people have to knock stuff. The great thing about cars is they are a great way to express yourself. I think it's a good looking kit. Though I prefer my factory kit that doesn't make it any better, just different. What fun would it be if our Montes all looked the same. I'd bet a set of the Camaro rectangle tips would look cool with that kit. Good job and post some more pics when you get the front end done.
I get a kick how people get their panties twisted when someone shares an opinion that doesn't coincide with that of thier own. The great thing about having unique ideas and thoughts is they are a great way to express yourself. What fun would it be if we all thought the same?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is don't catch feelings when somebody shares their opinion on something, it's just that, their opinion.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:38 PM

STRUCK A NERVE......COOL...... "I get a kick how people get their panties twisted when someone shares an opinion that doesn't coincide with that of thier own".

Old 04-06-2006, 05:40 PM

Well, it's good to see that Rich is back to normal.....

Not to hijack, but, how did the move go?

Oh, well, I guess I did hijack it....

Old 04-06-2006, 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: 01pacecar

STRUCK A NERVE......COOL...... "I get a kick how people get their panties twisted when someone shares an opinion that doesn't coincide with that of thier own".
Please tell me you have more of a life than to come online and make comments with the sole intent of "striking a nerve".

If showing you the irony of your initial and subsequent comments = striking a nerve, then yes, you struck a nerve.

ORIGINAL: montejass
Well, it's good to see that Rich is back to normal.....
Not to hijack, but, how did the move go?
LOL. The move went fine, but I'm kind of in a catch 22 with my job. I had to take the job with the other department, which in itself is not a bad thing. However, I got stuck working swing shift, 12:30pm till whenever (mostly 10-12hr days) and my days off are Wed and Thurs. The good thing is that my take home pay has increased by 50%, so what's my issue? My kids just started basketball season and I can't participate in practices (which are Tues and Fri, early evening), but also, since my days off are school days I won't be able to do much with them. And on gamedays (Saturday), while they did give me the ok to take an extended lunch so I could attend the games, as soon as the game is over I have to go right back to work. So my job pretty much took away 80% of the time I was able to spend with my kids. I guess it could be worse, but it's extremely disappointing after being away from them for a year, to come back the week before basketball season and not get to participate. My children and I were so excited about the timing of it and it just seemed so perfect, then I got my schedule and it let all the wind out of my sail. The money is lovely, no doubt about it, but I was doing just fine before so I'd gladly give some of it back to get some more time with my kiddo's. I guess I just have to make due for now.

The supervisor told me he'd like to make me the lead, which would give me more money and more flexability in my schedule so I have to get crackin' so I can get my commercial license w/air brakes/hazmat/tanker endorsements so I can take that position.

Quick Reply: New Xenon Kit!