General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

new update! very excited about this one!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Talking new update! very excited about this one!

well i finally did the exhaust today. had this on my list since the beginning! i had a Y pipe built and the tips are 3.5in weld on stainless steel with NO mufflers. now before anyone jumps my case this sounds awesome. everyone at the shop was surprised that it wasn't ridiculously loud. Here is a link to the video. it sounds better in person, it was taken with my iphone 4. my first exhaust vid so bear with me

2001 Monte carlo LS exhaust. - YouTube

Also a picture of the whole back end. with tail light covers and tinted 3rd break light with black bowtie.

also finally got my head unit to fit flush like its supposed too!

what do yall think? this has been a great day in my book!

Last edited by Boxman420; 08-19-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks and sounds good! I'm still so iffy about that spoiler.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't want to insult or offend you, but it sounds like my S10 Blazer's rotted out muffler did before I put a Gibson cat-back exhaust system on it. It's a bit loud for my liking, but if you are happy with it that's all that counts.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Surprisingly it sounds good. Any ill effects from lack of back pressure?

I for one like loud.... the Deuce is loud. "Loud pipes save Lives" Oh yea that is for motor cycles....... (montes too)

Old 08-19-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Looks and sounds good! I'm still so iffy about that spoiler.

thanks chibi! lol iknow how your feelings are about the ol' xenon spoiler. there are times when im iffy on it too. but all in all id only trade it for the intimidater 3 spoiler

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I don't want to insult or offend you, but it sounds like my S10 Blazer's rotted out muffler did before I put a Gibson cat-back exhaust system on it. It's a bit loud for my liking, but if you are happy with it that's all that counts.
no offense takin at all! lol. i like really loud so.. but i appreciate your response! to each their own .

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Surprisingly it sounds good. Any ill effects from lack of back pressure?

I for one like loud.... the Deuce is loud. "Loud pipes save Lives" Oh yea that is for motor cycles....... (montes too)

i was impressed with how it sounded as well. i was affraid of it being raspy.. it drew a small crowd as it was comming down the lift, a few employees and a guy waiting for his car. and they where all shocked as well. i havnt even noticed the back pressure difference. it feels a little more responsive but that might be me getting excited to hear it roar lol . im all for loud! the louder the better in my oppinion!

Old 08-19-2011, 04:58 PM

I like it, mine is also loud!!!! The body style of these cars just screams to be noticed, and loud pipes are fitting! I don't have a vid phone or anything, so can't post any of mine, but she sounds great, maybe I can borrow one from someone...

Mike

Old 08-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by Boxman420
no offense takin at all! lol. i like really loud so.. but i appreciate your response! to each their own .
I like really loud too, but in the form of a heavy breathing V8. I just haven't heard a loud exhaust system on the V6 that I really like...but that's just my personal opnion. Some think they sound good, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's all a matter of personal preference. That's why I decided to keep mine fairly quiet and just add a little bottom end tone to it. Besides, I learned a long time ago that a loud car attracts attention (usually the police) when you occasionally put your foot down. I've gone way too many years without a ticket to start getting them now. It's hard enough keeping my Monte at the speed limit. It always wants to creep up a few mph above it...

Old 08-19-2011, 07:53 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Looks and sounds great!

Old 08-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Sounds good..

Old 08-20-2011, 02:39 PM

thank you everyone! i find listening to my exhaust more entertaining then my audio system. lol

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I like really loud too, but in the form of a heavy breathing V8. I just haven't heard a loud exhaust system on the V6 that I really like...but that's just my personal opnion. Some think they sound good, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's all a matter of personal preference. That's why I decided to keep mine fairly quiet and just add a little bottom end tone to it. Besides, I learned a long time ago that a loud car attracts attention (usually the police) when you occasionally put your foot down. I've gone way too many years without a ticket to start getting them now. It's hard enough keeping my Monte at the speed limit. It always wants to creep up a few mph above it...
Good point! i do love the sound of a V8. that is also very true! i am pushing my luck as it is with blacked out light covers and blue lights all over the place. and a small led foot . so im hoping i can still keep my perfect driving record for a little while lol.

Quick Reply: new update! very excited about this one!