General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

new tint

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:45 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: new tint

Looks awesome! I'm sooo jealous! I'm from IL and too much of a wuss to get my front side windows tinted. And to me it's not worth the money to get just the tiny side back windows and the the rear window tinted. It's expensive where I live!

Old 05-13-2008, 02:55 PM

I'm in the same boat as you IL guys, here in Cali we're only legally allowed to tint the fronts 85% or lighter. I don't know if you guys have ever seen 85% tint before but it's damn near impossible to tell that the window is even tinted unless you hold something like your DL right behind the window then it's noticeable, waste of money if you ask me.

I drive around with the windows down most of the time here anyway so I'll take my chances and I won't complain when/if I ever get busted for it since I know it's not legal anyway.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

I'm in the same boat as you IL guys, here in Cali we're only legally allowed to tint the fronts 85% or lighter. I don't know if you guys have ever seen 85% tint before but it's damn near impossible to tell that the window is even tinted unless you hold something like your DL right behind the window then it's noticeable, waste of money if you ask me.

I drive around with the windows down most of the time here anyway so I'll take my chances and I won't complain when/if I ever get busted for it since I know it's not legal anyway.
http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/CA/

It's 70% ..
Mine are 35% though and I passed up many police cars and motorcycle officers without any problem. I just roll my window down when I pull up next to them.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Twisted_Metal

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/CA/

It's 70% ..
Mine are 35% though and I passed up many police cars and motorcycle officers without any problem. I just roll my window down when I pull up next to them.
I stand corrected

My buddy has had limo tint on his Chevy 1500 short cab for the past 3 years with no problems at all. That's a bit extreme, and borderline stupid if you ask me but it sure looks nice considering his truck is graphite grey pearl w/black 22's and blacked out tails.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:06 PM

Man thats nice, I want to do the same to mine!!! just gotta figure out mirror tint or smoke on a silver monte

Old 05-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm not really a fan of mirror tint on cars. I think the smoke would look better on your silver Monte.

I recently had to have my tinting re-done. The pic in my sig is the original 35% blue-ish tint all the way around. Except the windshield of course. When I replaced it, I got 20% smoke tint. Looks much better.

The 20% and 35% tint combo looks good on your red Monte!
Nice choice.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:56 PM

no problem, Cos. I know in MI officers do pull vehicles over for it. There is a guy I know from IN that goes to college here in MI and he has 20% all around and an officer made him cut it on the spot, I would too. His residency is considered MI now so he has to abide by our laws. That tint does look really nice though.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:40 PM

thanks for all the complements!

AwesomeSS - depending on how close you are to burbank,il (i drove about an hour) i got mine done by Midco Tinting for $150 which was half the price of the other shops i checked out.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:02 PM

I have 5%... I love it as long as Im not using my mirrors at night. BTW, limo tint is 2.5%. the picture in my sig shows how dark my windows are at night....

Old 05-14-2008, 11:25 PM

I thought limo tint was 5% and pitch black tint was 2.5%

Quick Reply: new tint