General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

NEW! Rwd Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Default RE: NEW! Rwd Monte Carlo

I read in Car and Driver (the best car magazine) that Pontiac may make their entire line RWD by 2008. If they actually do this it would be awsome and I could definitly see some increased sales. I mean all they sell now are regular GM's

I totally agree with you Montejass, I say to myself all the time that all I am really driving is a badass looking Chevy Impala. Even though I think it is a race car, it rides on the impala chasis with impala engine. I hope the next model will be a little more sporty.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:54 AM

I had read somwhere online that the GTO was to be discontinued to make room for the 2008 Camaro, after the concept received such rave reviews. Not so?

Old 07-11-2006, 10:54 PM

From what I have read on the subject of GTO, GM had killed the project stating that it was to costly to continue importing them from Australia. But something in the last month or so has changed there minds and for now they will reappear in the 2008 lineup. Also rumored it will have the look of a more vintage GTO rather then the design it has now, wait and see.

Randy

Old 07-12-2006, 09:23 AM

Who knows what GM is up to, what ever it is, I hope it is nothing like the renderings out now of the proposed styling.

Funny thing though, you don't see much in the way of recent net chatter regarding the future GTO, and Pontiac does not show it as a future vehicle either.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

Who knows what GM is up to, what ever it is, I hope it is nothing like the renderings out now of the proposed styling.

Funny thing though, you don't see much in the way of recent net chatter regarding the future GTO, and Pontiac does not show it as a future vehicle either.

That is why when I called GM complaining about the non-availability of the military rebate for the Monte Carlo, and the woman talking to me told me that the GTO was no longer going to be made just blew me away.

Oh by the way montejass. My name is not Mister Anderson.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:32 AM

Monte Carlo SS By defeniton.... a hem.... it is a mid life cricies car. it is fast enough to make you think your goign to get there fast,
Looks like a sports car,
Drives like a sports car with out the ruff ride.
Runs Well

But when you come to the light next to the guy with the hopped up version of a rustang on steroieds and all you have is a stock car then your pretty much reminded that ford has got the race in the end on this one.

Now with that said would i buy a ford instead of the monte carlo? HELL NO!!!!!!!!! i will wait for the Camaro to come out and get it first so i can eat the rustangs for lunch Lamo!!!!

bESIDES THE MONTE IS A GREAT LIGHT TO LIGHT CAR WITH bmw'S THEY HATE US!!!!
Over here the beemer is liek the pinto. nobody wants them but everyone seems to own one.
Poor folks are always on the side of the raod complaining on how bad it runs. and it Sux light to light.

rather have the audi any way the A-4 is a bad *** ride the A-5 even better. but the prices SUK worse then teh fule cost right now

Old 07-26-2006, 06:14 PM

My "other" Monte is a RWD.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:00 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I came in late on the conversation but my $0.02 worth is GM better get their heads out of their a--es soon or there may not be a GM to build a Monte Carlo.

So far all they do is talk about a "NEW" Camaro. Has anyone driven one yet?

You see 10 million Rustangs flying by you and 100 Monte Carlos.

GM wants sales they better come out with a killer street car to shut the Rustang boyz up.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:01 AM

Ya the truth is that the new mustang was a hit for ford. Its cheap, fast, and looks good. If GM can pull something like that off with the Camaro it will be big. Hopefully they price the SS even with the GT because if they don't, they aren't going to win buyers.

I also read that a year or two after the Camaro is released they might put the LS7 in it?? Has anyone else heard this. No other cars will be able to touch it if they do.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:11 PM

i'm going to say gm will not put the ls7 in it because it's the best thing they have and noone would buy vetts if they did that. and i would love to see a 6.0 rwd monte for the rustang gt and the camaro used for more high end sports cars this could give a nice bump to vetts also....

Quick Reply: NEW! Rwd Monte Carlo