General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New pics...tints, painted emblems...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

looks good now you need black headlights. is 20% tint darkest you can get? are you able to see at nite backing out? i want to tint mine too.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
looks good now you need black headlights. is 20% tint darkest you can get? are you able to see at nite backing out? i want to tint mine too.
The darkest you can go is 5% which is considered limo tint. To me, 20% is dark enough. I have 20/20 vision and have absolutely no problems seeing at night normally but the tint IS dark and can be difficult to maneuver. But you do get used to it. It's completely up to you.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:27 AM

I did 5% on my 03 Cavalier. I ended up hating it. TOO dark. I almost hit a pedestrian coming across a crosswalk at night because I couldn't see him. Even with the dome light on in the car at night, you could not see inside the car from the outside.

I now have 20% on the quarter and rear windows, 33% (legal) on the sides and a 5% strip on the windshield. I wish I had done 20% all the way around. We did my wife's '07 Trailblazer with 20% all the way around. For Las Vegas, that is perfect.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:38 PM

on the whole overlay thing your not covering the bowtie your replacing it. heres the link.
http://www.grafxwerks.com/products/d...pid=MCSS2-1432

Old 06-18-2009, 07:50 AM

Sweet man, glad they turned out nice.

I learned a few months back that some Impala's have the yellowish plastic and others actually have a clear version. But you don't notice it if you paint it black. I'm sure white would be a different story.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:17 PM

Man, You have a good lookin Monte. I wish I can have tints on my front windows. In Illinois, I can't! What the law does is if they see any shade of tint while your car is parked (at the store, on the street, in front of your house, where ever), they will send you a ticket in the mail which you don't have to be present to recieve it. The ticket is worth $250 now. When I got my ticket, it was $25<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< LUCKY MEEEEEEEEE for getting that before they went up to $250 a week later. But yes, I would love to have mines back on.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by rgant_19
Man, You have a good lookin Monte. I wish I can have tints on my front windows. In Illinois, I can't! What the law does is if they see any shade of tint while your car is parked (at the store, on the street, in front of your house, where ever), they will send you a ticket in the mail which you don't have to be present to recieve it. The ticket is worth $250 now. When I got my ticket, it was $25<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< LUCKY MEEEEEEEEE for getting that before they went up to $250 a week later. But yes, I would love to have mines back on.
I'm in Illinois actually and I know there are some other members on here in IL too. I'm kind of taking a risk of course but I never knew about the whole parked ticket thing. I know some people who've been pulled over and warned and others who've received anywhere from $30-$100 tickets. So I don't know, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the info though

Old 06-20-2009, 01:06 AM

Well echo, the law maybe only cares about the tint (only if you live in chicago) for a quota. I was actually waiting to get pulled over (strange huh lol) when I installed my tints bbut instead, they fined me through mail. Hell, it only took 3 warnings for me to strip the tints because once, I was ticketed for $25, then a friend of mines who is an officer himsielf has warned me to take those off (beause he knew the one who specifically drove around searching for tints) and third, my sister husband got a ticket in the mail for $250, because of the tints. I said too myself, "that's it, I gotta take 'em off". Which i loved my privacy too!!! Oh well!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by rgant_19
Well echo, the law maybe only cares about the tint (only if you live in chicago) for a quota. I was actually waiting to get pulled over (strange huh lol) when I installed my tints bbut instead, they fined me through mail. Hell, it only took 3 warnings for me to strip the tints because once, I was ticketed for $25, then a friend of mines who is an officer himsielf has warned me to take those off (beause he knew the one who specifically drove around searching for tints) and third, my sister husband got a ticket in the mail for $250, because of the tints. I said too myself, "that's it, I gotta take 'em off". Which i loved my privacy too!!! Oh well!
Yeah, I have no doubts that it's more of a quota thing. And I'm sure being directly in the city, it's treated a bit differently. I really don't know, I'm going to wait and see. Some of my friends have had them on for years. It's probably the luck of the draw I guess. Again, thanks for the info!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by God_Bot
Sweet man, glad they turned out nice.

I learned a few months back that some Impala's have the yellowish plastic and others actually have a clear version. But you don't notice it if you paint it black. I'm sure white would be a different story.
I actually had the yellowish plastic. I don't know if the model matters, maybe it's just whatever they decide to throw on. I tried to sand it as much as possible but there is a very, very faint yellowish tint to it that you can only see in certain light and you'd have to look for it specifically. Otherwise, you can't tell and I love it!

Quick Reply: New pics...tints, painted emblems...