General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New-Looking to Buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Default New-Looking to Buy

Whats up everyone?!?!?

Ok i am looking to buy my first monte I am young and i need something i can afford. I found one i just want some second thoughts on this car.

http://www.russdarrow.com/site/used_...ude-media=true

Theres the link with pictures of what i am looking to get..

Let me know what you guys think. about price milage ect.....

If i do go with this car I will be looking to put some rims on it, and get the windows tinted ect.

Any feed back would be great

Thanks,

Juice

Old 02-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Default RE: New-Looking to Buy

[align=center]Hi `Juice, & Welcome to the MCF[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I suggest getting a CarFax report on any car that you are[/align][align=center]interested in (Give's you the history of vehicle,owners,accidents[/align][align=center]etc.) Below infor from MSN Auto's with Kelly Blue Book Value on this model.[/align][align=center]Wish you good luck...[/align][align=center][:-]Looks good in the pictures [:-]Is it certified ? If not, have a mechanic check it out [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

[/align][/align]

Kelley Blue Book Price

$7,650- $10,200

Reliability

MSN Ratings

Expert
[/align]6.0

User
[/align]8.9

Overview

Prices

Features&Specs

Photos

Reviews

[URL=http://autos.msn.com/

Old 02-13-2008, 11:30 AM

My old roommate has the exact same car. Only has had 2 problems with it in 80,000 miles. One is the CD player went out, but that can happen to anyone... just happend 2 weeks ago to my 2000 Trailblazer.

Second thing to look for and this is the big thing, check the oil cap. If there is a yellowish sludge on it, then that means that the upper intake gasket is going to hell and needs to be replaced. This is a problem that comes up for questions a bit here. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't happen often, but it is justtherepeating problem that you hear every car have.

Too be honest, I'm glad that is the only problem. Only takes about 1/2 hour to fix and just needs a new gasket from NAPA, Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. You take off like 10 bolts from the top of the engine that are all easy to get at, pop the old gasket out, clean out the intake cover, pop the new gasket in, and put the bolts back in. Changing oil on any car takes more time than this job does.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:30 AM

BTW, if it doesn't have sludge in it, then it is a mute point.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:41 AM

Wow. Thanks for the insite...It is certified. I will for sure check out the sludge issue hope it wont be a problem,...The Cd player issue, I hope to get a system and replace the radio after a while anyway..so we will see

Thanks for the help

Ill keep the forum updated...

Old 02-13-2008, 11:45 AM

Hey `Justin,
Glad to read that's it certified.
Was it a one owner ?
Good Luck, and we look forward to your future posts.
[:-]The Rear End
The Pictures on your link looks awesome...Will look better with tint + a few mod's : )
Good Luck `Juice

Old 02-13-2008, 12:05 PM

I wouldn't worry about the cd issue at all. It's just every so often they take a dump but it isn't that popular of an issue. Just one that stands out cause "Hey, my fuggin cd player broke!!!"

I love my aftermarket headunit.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:08 PM

What kind of mods are good for a monte?

Old 02-13-2008, 12:09 PM

Thats what am talking about....I will be looking into one of thoughs for sure!

Old 02-13-2008, 12:38 PM

On a 2001 2.4 engine, to be honest not many... mabe cam or rockers, turbo, cai, ubend delete, exhaust, throttlebody and tuning.

Check out:

www.zzperformance.com

The problem is the 3.4 engine is made for economy and not performance. The 3800 is the one you want for performance. You might also want to check Ebay for your car as well. That is where I got the deal on mine.

Quick Reply: New-Looking to Buy