General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

new Bra pic's

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Default RE: new Bra pic's

05LTSS, please send me the pics your trying to post and where your trying to post them so that I can test them out for ya.

Thanks
TVW

Old 04-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Old 05-22-2005, 03:28 AM

ORIGINAL: warpath

i only had room for 1 new bra pic. the rest will be on the webshots web site.
i didn't know if i would like it when i ordered it but now that's it on this
black monte has an attitude comming and going.
The bra looks like a nice, tight fit. I am thinking about getting one for my 04 but I know dirt and stuff can get under it and it basically turns into sandpaper, kinda scares me ya know? I wish I could find the clear bra, I'd do that, I think it's worth the extra $$$. But it definitely looks good!

Old 05-22-2005, 10:28 PM

I've had roughly 4 bra's on different vehicles and it can be a problem with dirt and sand if you dont remove it and clean it often. But they are well worth the $$$

TVW

Old 05-22-2005, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

I've had roughly 4 bra's on different vehicles and it can be a problem with dirt and sand if you dont remove it and clean it often. But they are well worth the $$$

TVW
So how often do you remove it? What is your cleaning process? At roughly $80, it's definitely a worthwhile expense considering how much it would cost to have the front end sanded/filled/primered and painted.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:41 PM

I pulled mine every weekend during routine cleaning. If I knew it was going to rain I would pull it off. Rain is very bad for a bra and more for the car. I have almost 34K on mine and I wish I picked up one for my car on day one. I have quite a collection of pits and chips.

TVW

Old 05-23-2005, 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

I pulled mine every weekend during routine cleaning. If I knew it was going to rain I would pull it off. Rain is very bad for a bra and more for the car. I have almost 34K on mine and I wish I picked up one for my car on day one. I have quite a collection of pits and chips.

TVW
My car is a 2004 and has 29k on it, I just got it 3 days ago. I noticed a few chips on the hood, one of which is down to the bare metal, but it's small though. being that white is such a forgiving color(espcially compared to metallics), I think I may sand/fill/primer/paint/clear the chips myself, there aren't very many of em but they are noticeable when you're as nitpicky and **** about your cars appearance as me. Being that it rains out here so much, I think the bra idea isn't a good one. I just gotta find where to get the clear protector stuff and invest in that to prevent any further chips/nicks.

Old 05-23-2005, 11:43 AM

so what good is the bra if it can hurt your car in teh long run? if water is bad for it how are you supposed to prevent it from being damdaged everytime it rains?

Old 05-23-2005, 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: benhillzone3

so what good is the bra if it can hurt your car in teh long run? if water is bad for it how are you supposed to prevent it from being damdaged everytime it rains?
I don't know what he's talking about, my mom has a Dodge Intrepid, a 2001, and she's had a bra on it since the day it got brought home(3yrs ago) and as much as it rains here in Oregon, there is nothing wrong w/the bra. The only thing that concerns me is when dust/dirt/debris gets under the bra, that's where it can get ugly. Cause like he said, if you don't remove the bra and clean it, as well as the car under there, it'll basically turn into sandpaper and mess up the paint. So if you're gonna get one, be prepared to commit to removal and cleaning every weekend.

Old 05-23-2005, 03:34 PM

i think there will always be a differance of opion of putting a bra on a car,i have had the bra on since the second week of ownership,i bought the bra from my chevy dealer for less then 80.00,
personally i think the bra paid for itself on my recent trip to florida when the car was hit with a small piece of graval at 70 mph i could see where the graval hit on the bra so when i got to florida i took that part of the bra loose to see if there was damage to the car,there wasn't,i have no dought the at that speed i would have hads at least min.damage,the only reason i took the bra off before i went on the trip was to wax all of the car to help protect it from the salt and sand of the beach,and when i took it off to wax the car i seen no effects of having the bra on for
over 2 mo's straight.i personally don't take a bra off weekly to clean it inside but that it a owners prefferance, i think the bottom line is if your going to buy a bra,buy a good quaility
one.and take it off when you wax the car,but that's just me.

Quick Reply: new Bra pic's