General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New 2000 Pace Car or 2007 V8 SS ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 09:30 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: New 2000 Pace Car or 2007 V8 SS ?

ORIGINAL: gale155

Hey SpaceRider...how did you post that full-size pic of my car? I followed the instructions in the Newbie section, but mine came out asthumbnails. [:'(]
Gale, I think GP `Dave did a excellent write-up on your above question. I have learned by trial, & many error's, and sometimes
it's difficult to explain the procedure on how things get posted.
Thanks GP `Dave, you are a great/helpful member of the Monte Carlo Family : )
Peace/Happiness to all,
`Space

Old 09-15-2007, 06:22 PM

I think he did an excellent write-up, as well. Thanks!

Old 09-15-2007, 08:35 PM

Gale, thanks for the info... Mine seem to be pretty tight... not to much room for wiggle. But a little rattling won't bother me, as long as they don't like try and fall out while I'm riding around.

I also only smoke with the window cracked... which really does help. My family always complain about smoky cars, and I've never heard a peep from them about mine smelling... so I guess that's good. This is another reason I wanted the vent visors... Not only for the weather, but also because I think it helps create a better vacuum that better pulls the smoke out of the car. at least at the front of the window.

We'll see, I literally JUST put them on, haven't even gone driving yet, so we'll see.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:48 PM

Nah...they won't fall out. Mine seem to be fitting a little tighter with time, so maybe they just take longer to aclimate in the Monte.I agree that an occasional rattle is a small price to pay for the benefits.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:21 PM

Actually mine aren't rattling at all really. windows down or up... now when I'm going 50 mph or faster I rarely open the window fully... and only one window.. so maybe that makes a difference?

So far I'm fairly impressed. The venting action doesn't seem to be quite as good as the adhesive on type, but still good. Probably cause they're not quite as far from the window. Plus they look much better. Did you remove the weathertech sticker? I'm needing to clean off some fingerprints and was thinking that would be a good time to remove that as well.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

Actually mine aren't rattling at all really. windows down or up... now when I'm going 50 mph or faster I rarely open the window fully... and only one window.. so maybe that makes a difference?

So far I'm fairly impressed. The venting action doesn't seem to be quite as good as the adhesive on type, but still good. Probably cause they're not quite as far from the window. Plus they look much better. Did you remove the weathertech sticker? I'm needing to clean off some fingerprints and was thinking that would be a good time to remove that as well.
I agree about the venting action, but if they stuck outfarther from the window (as some adhesive styles do), I think they would look nerdy on a sleek car like the Monte. I've always waxed mine on both sides before installing,which reduces water spots and makes them look even better. I now use Meguiar's NXT Tech Waxexclusively, so I know it's safe on the plastic. I used to use Liquid Glass, and itworked great on the deflectors, as well.

Regarding the decals, I've always just left them on, but I imagine they'reeasy to remove.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:07 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Check the 2000 Monte Carlo web site.

Some of the owners have the vent shades on their cars and I think it works pretty well on a Monte.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:04 PM

They weren't bad on my red 2003.... But I think these look sleeker with the channel locks..... only thing that worries me, is when I leave my windows down a crac... (a benefit of these) there's nothing holding it on my car... a theif could just walk away... course they're not exactly something you can stuff under your jacket like an exhaust tip or headlight covers

Old 09-29-2007, 06:35 PM

Give me a 2007 SS any time. Gail, I have a question about the Weathertech's. How are they at highway speeds of 75 MPH plus? I have Weathertech's on my truck, but they are the adhesive sticker type, and they don't move at higher speeds.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: mad717

Give me a 2007 SS any time. Gail, I have a question about the Weathertech's. How are they at highway speeds of 75 MPH plus? I have Weathertech's on my truck, but they are the adhesive sticker type, and they don't move at higher speeds.
"Weathertech" is the brand-name of a company that makes a variety of automotive products...including window deflectors. Their deflectors are unique, in that they fit inside the window channels, and are held in place by tensionbetween the bottom, front and rear. They takeabout 30-seconds to install (per window),
and can be removed (and reinstalled) just as easily and quickly. They're designed and manufactured in Germany, and are extremely high quality. To the best of my knowledge, Weathertech does not offer any window deflectors that attach withtape.

At speed, I think it would be impossible for the Weathertechs to dislodge from the car - even with the window down all the way. From personal experience, I can tell you that they're solid as a rock @ 100 mph in a Mark VIII, with the window cracked an inch or two. Ditto with the Monte @ 80 mph, which is as fast as I've had it, so far.

Quick Reply: New 2000 Pace Car or 2007 V8 SS ?