General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New 2000 Pace Car or 2007 V8 SS ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Default RE: New 2000 Pace Car or 2007 V8 SS ?

The Weathertechs are one thing I'm definitely getting for my car. I had purchased a used set off of ebay, unfortunately UPS bent the box completely in HALF... busting them. I mean, they're really flexible too, so I mean they really would have had to TRY to break them. And there is no WAY that the person didn't know EXACTLY whatthey were doing to the contents. Luckily, they include 100$ worth of insurance automatically, and didn't even ask to get the bustedpackage back... just refunded the seller, who is going to buy me a brand new set.

I saw the order, just waiting for a tracking number for the replacements. Nice deal tho, getting a brand new set for 35$ I should almost be happy that UPS is a bunch of &^*(&^(*$^$#(-ING IDIOTS. I mean, I'm sorry, but the dum-puk that did this had to KNOW that they were gonna break. Obviously one of 'those' employees that have no respect for anyone elses things or money.

I work for a company that ships by UPS... and the complaints are on a heavy rise. More packages are getting kicked around, heavily damaged. Not to mention claims of opened/resealed packages that are missing items havemore than doubledsince I worked for this company.

UPS will be losing a lot of business very soon if they don't change their operations... costs of shipping has gone up, not to mention damaged/stolen packages are on the rise too.

If you have stock in em... sell it.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

I'm sorry, that was more than enough of my rant... Lol

How do you like your Weathertechs Gale?
What do those weathertech things do?

Old 09-14-2007, 06:11 PM

Hey SpaceRider...how did you post that full-size pic of my car? I followed the instructions in the Newbie section, but mine came out asthumbnails. [:'(]

Old 09-14-2007, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: gale155

Hey SpaceRider...how did you post that full-size pic of my car? I followed the instructions in the Newbie section, but mine came out asthumbnails. [:'(]

Go back to your post.

Click on the thumbnail until the larger picture pops up.

Right click on the larger picture and click on "copy."

Go back to your original post.

Click on "edit."

Drag your mouse over and highlight everthing between [IMG].....[/IMG].

Hover your mouse over the highlighted area.

Right click and click on "paste."

Your picture should appear.

Click on "ok."

Old 09-14-2007, 06:20 PM

Simply a plastic trim that goes between the glass of the window and the rubber gasket. Means you can open your window an inch or two, even if it's raining, and rain will never get in your car.

Helps pull air out too... I'm a smoker, and I *gasp* do smoke in my car (occasionaly... ) but I open the window, well if it was raining it's miserable to do so because a little gets on you. Well, it would without the ventvisors... with them... voila.... no more rain.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...&Year=2006

There are adhesive types that just attach to the window trim... but these are much more aesthetically pleasing... and function just as well from what I've heard.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:24 PM

Simply a plastic trim that goes between the glass of the window and the rubber gasket. Means you can open your window an inch or two, even if it's raining, and rain will never get in your car.

Helps pull air out too... I'm a smoker, and I *gasp* do smoke in my car (occasionaly... ) but I open the window, well if it was raining it's miserable to do so because a little gets on you. Well, it would without the ventvisors... with them... voila.... no more rain.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...&Year=2006

There are adhesive types that just attach to the window trim... but these are much more aesthetically pleasing... and function just as well from what I've heard.
It hasn't rained in over 200 days here, so I guess I am okay right now without them.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I work for a company that ships by UPS... and the complaints are on a heavy rise. More packages are getting kicked around, heavily damaged. Not to mention claims of opened/resealed packages that are missing items havemore than doubledsince I worked for this company.

UPS will be losing a lot of business very soon if they don't change their operations... costs of shipping has gone up, not to mention damaged/stolen packages are on the rise too.

If you have stock in em... sell it.

I bought a custom made trunk lid liner, and it arrived today by UPS.
Trunk Lid Liner cost: $75
UPS delivery charge collected by the driver at my door: $56

[sm=boosign.gif]

Old 09-14-2007, 07:35 PM

Wholy buckets of cash, Batman! I'm guessing they weren't smart enough to make it so it can be folded/rolled up in one of those 10$ shipping poster tubes?

I'd just be glad they didn't bust it....

I mean, thisguy literally had to purposefully break the ventvisor.... Bending the box is one thing... but those visors would provide resistance... up untill the *snap*.... I mean he had to know what he was doing/what he did.

I confronted the driver... I was like why did you even bother delivering it.... seriously.... He hemmed and hawwed around making excuses... didn't even apologize ONCE

Old 09-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just when they make things idiot proof, the world comes out with a bigger class of idiot.

That bites what they did to your package, man. Idiots!

Old 09-14-2007, 09:19 PM

Well, Michael, I'm still evaluating the WeatherTechs on the SS. I've had them ontwo previous cars, including my beloved 97 Mark VIII LSC, and they were fantastic. However, the jury is still out on the Monte. For some reason, the deflectorsdon't seem to fit as tightlyin the the window channels as they should,resulting in some minor movement and rattling while the windows are open. This could be the result of build variances specific to my car, I suppose, or perhaps they just haven't become totally acclimated yet...I don't know. The only other thing I don't like about them on the SS is that it's impossible to clean a very-smallsectionof the glass (at the front) with removing the deflectors. With the WeatherTechs, of course, this is a quick and easy process, but still a minor PITA.

I am a smoker, as well, but I don't smoke in my cars unless the windows are open an inch or two. In this regard, the deflectors are invaluableduring rain or snow. But I think the greatest benefit is the ability to leave your windowscracked when the car is parked outside duringhot weather, and not having to worryabout rain.

Quick Reply: New 2000 Pace Car or 2007 V8 SS ?