General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New 2000 Pace Car or 2007 V8 SS ?

Old 09-10-2007, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New 2000 Pace Car or 2007 V8 SS ?

[align=center]Your Choice [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Which one would you choose ?[/align][align=center]A 2000 Monte Carlo SS Pace Car (only10miles $28K)[/align][align=center]or[/align][align=center]2007 Monte Carlo V8 SS (New same $ Price) ?[/align][align=center]___________________________[/align][align=center]2000 Monte Carlo SS Pace Car -Only 10 miles - $28K[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below link for more infor on Awesome Pace Car [:-][/align][align=center]It's posted in Wide Screen [/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_51331/tm.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]or a 2007 Monte Carlo V-8 SS[/align][align=center]Brand New with Full Warranty 5yr/100K[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]WoW, Tough Choice [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]1. One to just look at in storage[/align][align=center]or[/align][align=center]2. One toDrive/EnJoy[/align]

Old 09-10-2007, 05:27 AM
Default RE: New 2000 Pace Car or 2007 V8 SS ?

[align=center]The 2000 Monte Carlo Pace Car is a awesome[/align][align=center]car for a collector, but I think if it were purchased[/align][align=center]as a daily driver : ( it would lose it's value.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]To just keep it in storage would be like having the[/align][align=center]playmate of theyear ~> in your garage, but you[/align][align=center]could never take her for a spin. (just look @ her : )[/align][align=center]but,[/align][align=center]A new Monte V-8 SS, can be used, enjoyed and driven, like[/align][align=center]all great cars soon be : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I chose the 07 SS : ) I want to drive her : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Post your reasons, thoughts, comments.[/align][align=center]Thanks, `Space[/align][align=center]Your turn to Post[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][sm=feedback.gif][/align]

Old 09-10-2007, 08:49 AM

I saw the 2000 pace car in the for sale area and am glad I did before making this call. That interior is just dog ugly. =P

Old 09-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I agree with Dan about the interior. If they were going to go with two-tone seats, they should have done a better design/stitch pattern.

Besides, I want to drive my car. If I want to stare at it, I'll buy the scale model. Besides, the '07 V8 SS is more fun. And you can put whatever graphics, interior mods, exterior mods, what ever mods you want, and don't have to worry about ruining the collector's valueof the car. That's kinda the situation I have now. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but if I want to keep the collector's value of the car, I'm very limited in what I can and can't mod.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz

I love my car, but if I want to keep the collector's value of the car, I'm very limited in what I can and can't mod.

Lou, you are a wise man : ) You are driving a future, or
really present collector's car, & any mod's will have to be
carefully selected. You sure have a beauty : )
~Peace~
`Space

Old 09-10-2007, 07:30 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think I'd choose the SS as well.

For one, it still has the full warranty behind it.

I do have cars I rarely drive (like my '06 LTZ). It's not that I don't like the car(s), I do. It's more that I like to keep what I own looking nice as much as possible.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:20 PM

I recently bought a like-new 2006 SS with 12K miles, which has every option except two-tone paint and a block heater,and a GM "certified" warranty. When the smoke cleared ( a trade-in was involved), I paid about $20K for the car. Personally, in the current market I can't even imagine paying $28 for a new SS. Although I really hope the seller gets it, $28K for2000 Monte is crazy, IMO- even with the decals and low mileage. If it were not for the 5.3 V-8, a Monte would not be sitting in my garage...but that's just me.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 PM

[align=center]Hi Gale, & Welcome to the MCF.[/align][align=center]You got a super deal on your Monte Carlo SS : )[/align][align=center]WoW a V8.....Lucky You : )[/align][align=center]Please post some pic's of your Monte when [/align][align=center]you get a chance. We all love pictures.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I also hope that Tony get's his $27 K for his 2000[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo Pace Car. I know there's a buyer out there that[/align][align=center]has the $$$$, and it also reflects what the market is [/align][align=center]for Chevrolet's Special & Limited Edition Monte Carlos.[/align][align=center]There's a lot of money out there in the World, I just[/align][align=center]can't seem to find it. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The above subject poll so far indicates that the MCF[/align][align=center]members would rather have a 07 SS.[/align][align=center]Thanks everyone that posted, & participated in the poll.[/align][align=center]Very Interesting results : )
Peace-Happy 2 all,
[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 09-10-2007, 08:43 PM

There isn't much pretty about thePace car. Gawdy interior. Much worse than my 06 Nascar Ed. I will take the 07 anyday!

Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 PM

[sm=gears.gif]the 07ss...lets list al the benefits..
1. itsa great daily driver
2. it has the possibility of being classic orcult classic in five or ten years.. [sm=hail.gif]
3. you can always hold out hope for the explosion of the aftermarket parts (especially since chevy is still making other cars with lsx/5.3L engines..[sm=happy046.gif]
4. the most powerful front wheel drive monte ss[sm=badbadbad.gif]
5. unique and rare, not often you'll see yourself on the road like you would other cars[sm=Flahssssss.gif]

i could keep goingkeep going?..[sm=icon_blah.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2000 Pace Car or 2007 V8 SS ?