General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The never ending winter

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:24 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default The never ending winter

[:@][:'(] We are supposed to get about a foot of snow here! The never ending winter. I was planning of getting the Monte out of storage around April 1st, it looks like a lot longer. I won't take the car out until all the snow melts and we have a couple of hard rains to was all the nasty salt away. I miss my Monte! It's supposed to be spring GRRRR!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Default RE: The never ending winter

[align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `Amy,[/align][align=center]Everyone keeps telling me that good things are worth[/align][align=center]waiting for, but it's sure not easy sometimes.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]You are fortunate to have your Award Winning Awesome[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo SS in storage plus a super little Mini Cooper[/align][align=center]to drive until the weather changes.[/align][align=center]I've never have been out of the State of Florida, and[/align][align=center]seldom get out of my county, but since I've been on the[/align][align=center]Web, I get to see all the changes of the season's around[/align][align=center]our World. The good/bad & ugly.[/align][align=center]Be Patience, and the Sun will come out 2-morrow [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Spring begins in the northern hemisphere around the months of March, April, May, or as reckoned astronomically extending from the vernal equinox. As in summer, the axis of the Earth is tilted toward the Sun, and the length of daylight days rapidly increases as latitude increases. The northern hemisphere begins to warm significantly, causing new plant growth to "spring forth", giving the season its name. Snow begins to melt, and streams swell with runoff and spring rains. Most flowering plants bloom this time of year, in a long succession beginning even when snow is still on the ground, and continuing into early summer. In normally snowless areas, "spring" may begin as early as February during warmer years, with subtropical areas having very subtle differences, and tropical ones none at all. Subarctic areas may not experience "spring" at all until May or even June[:@], or December in the outer Antarctic.[/align][center]

[URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Colorful_spring_garden.jpg][b][IMG]http://en.wikipedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/magnify-clip.pn

Old 03-21-2008, 09:49 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Thanks Space I will think spring

Old 03-21-2008, 10:28 AM

dont feel so bad lol............we just heard on the radio that we wont hit the double digits for about 4 weeks........and should get a coulpe more of big snow coming...........i was going to get my monte out of the garage on the 29th of march and its not gonna happen either......im sick of driving my ugly buick lol

Old 03-21-2008, 11:29 AM
rj
15 Year Member

The never ending winter = Global warming.

A guy I talk with who lives in Seattle, WA said they had snow yesterday. Which means it's moving across the U.S. hopefully in the form of rain and not snow?

Old 03-21-2008, 11:34 AM

Spring has sprung in New England. The last event was just rain. The snow banks are melting and the sun is higher and a little bit warmer. We have had a couple of days in the 50's already. That's good.

I use the moderate days to clean the Monte. She's been thoroughly washed a couple of times. I even took one of the moderate days and did my Engine Compartment. The stains from spilling oil and power steering fluid were treated with detergent and wash and rinsed away.

I'm looking for one of those days where it's pleasant outside to do a warm water wash and scrub the wheels clean. I have brake dust baked-on that won't just wash off. Once I get the wheels done and the weather cooperates; I want to paint the calipers and get those things looking better than they do now.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:39 AM

LOL! i can sympathize... SD getting snow or rain all week (it is slowly becoming more rain, though... so that's good news for me! ) i thought i had it bad until i read this thread!... (and i love space's uber-posts, lol)

just got my spring maintenance taken care of after switching out the winter wiperblades for summer ones (and THAT DAY it snowed... ) oh well, we wouldn't enjoy the heat/lakes without the cold/snow, right?

and, rj, what global warming? a research firm in canada this year reported the most extensive snow cover in over 40 years and south dakota hit a record low (with windchill) of 49 below a while back... it was so cold that a water main broke, flooded a TJ MAXXparking lot and froze almost instantly on settling!
Al Gore? hmph...

Old 03-21-2008, 12:04 PM

Oh boo stinkin' hoo...LOL no JUST KIDDING. We are beginning to receive our foot of snow that we have forcasted. We now have a Winter Storm Warning..BLAH.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:09 PM

Ya no end in site for me in PA either theres a winter storm warning for my county tonight its just getting old as soon as the salt gets washed off of the roads it goes and snows just enough overnight that they have to go ad dump 3 inches of salt back on the road...winter must die already

Old 03-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Right now it's snowing here in the Detroit area.
Got about a quarter of an inch so far.

This blows!

Winter [sm=boosign.gif]

Quick Reply: The never ending winter