General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

need opinions from some MC guys on buying this SS.(with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 01:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Most of the parts for the interior are still fairly available new or used so that shouldnt be an issue. If your looking for a little bit of a project and arent scared to put in some work it could come out looking like a pretty nice car. I think if you could get it in the 2000 dollar price range it would be a deal. Depending on the condition of the body work (i cant really tell from the pics how good or bad the work is) maybe as much as 3000. The first thing i would do is change the wheels or get some center caps.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:26 PM

Thanks for the input guys keep it coming.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:01 PM

biggest problems on these cars is rust and i see the major part on the trunk expect to need a new trunk hatch in a year. the car i coulda had came with a new trunk hatch new floor pans and mechanic woulda put them on for the price be forwarned once they rust youre in trouble

Old 03-24-2013, 04:18 PM

yeah i agree about the rust. ill have to check out the floor pans and all when i look at it. but still even with a little rust, i think im gonna be getting a heck of a deal. got him talked down to $1300 cash.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:51 PM

Sounds like a good deal! Welcome to the Forum by the way!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:29 PM

If it's for sale he needs to put a price on it. Is he wanting to sell it or just thinking about it? He claims it's only got 75K on the motor, and will run with fresh gas. I would look at it first and find out what kind of money he wants.

What do you plan to do with the car, restore it, race it, daily driver? It doesn't sound like he's that motivated to sell it if it doesn't run and if it's an as is deal you'll be out the cost of a tow or rollback plus the purchase price. I would tell him to gas it up and bring a battery for a test drive if he claims it runs. If not it's a parts car, just my thoughts.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 PM

i just said above that the price i will be getting it for is $1300, i just wanted opinions on a price without everyone just saying buy it or dont buy it.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by asawyers15
i just said above that the price i will be getting it for is $1300, i just wanted opinions on a price without everyone just saying buy it or dont buy it.
Didn't see the price from your first post. It's hard to say without seeing the car in person. I've looked at so many cars from pictures that looked great only to find in person that they need a lot of work. I don't know what your plans are for the car or the money you are wanting to put into it.

Sounds like you have agreed on a price and that's a good starting point, but If he says it runs I would press him on that. A battery and a couple gallons of gas means driving it home and if not you don't know if it runs or shifts in all gears.

If it runs, drives and not a rust bucket, get it and save it from the junkyard. Have fun and come here for help.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It would be good for that price as long as you want to fix her up.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:04 PM

yeah i plan on getting it running good and making a driving project out of it. maybe street/strip car that i can drive during the week but also take to the strip and have some fun with it every once in a while.

Quick Reply: need opinions from some MC guys on buying this SS.(with pics)